07. Lamentis [P2]

Start from the beginning

"That was not the same as mine." Sylvie hissed, but let the subject go as she sat down.

"Um, uh, look, I can't go backwards on a train." Loki protested as she sat on one side of the table.

"Well, I never sit with my back to a door"

"What? There are doors on both sides."

Týr rolled his eyes, grabbing Loki's hand, sitting down and pulling him into the seat opposite Sylvie. Loki quickly let go of the brunette's hand to take off his helmet.

"FYI, that wasn't even a plan" Sylvie stated.

"Oh, really?"

"Plans have multiple steps. Dressing as a guard and getting on a train is just doing a thing."

Loki just rolled his eyes in response.

Sylvie put a hand up to her mouth to hide a yawn, looking away.

"Aw, are you a bit tired?" Týr taunted, smirking and leaning forwards, putting his elbows on the table and resting his head in his hands, "Feel free to, you know, get some rest."

Sylvie glared at him, "I can't sleep in a place like this."

"You can't sleep on a train?" Loki asked, brows furrowing.

"No. I can't sleep around untrustworthy people"

"Oh, right. That us?" The ravenette whispered.

"But you feel free to take a nap."

"Nice try."

"I'm not gonna waste my time rooting around for the TemPad when someone taught you fairly decent magic."

"My mother."

Týr smiled slightly, then yawned, folding his arms on the table and laying his head down, eyes falling half shut.

"What was she like?" Sylvie abruptly asked, after a short pause.

Loki took a deep breath, "She was, um... a Queen of Asgard. She was good. Purely decent."

Týr scoffed, gazing up at Loki with lidded eyes, "I never knew Frigga personally and even I know she was better than 'purely decent'."

"Okay, fine. Yes, she was amazing. Happy?"

"Immensely."

"Are you sure she was your mother?" Sylvie asked, sarcastically, smiling slightly as she watched the interaction between Týr and Loki.

"Oh, no, she's not actually. I was adopted." Loki retorted, "Is that a bit of a spoiler for you? Sorry about that."

"No," Sylvie hummed, "I knew I was adopted."

"What? They told you?"

"Yeah. Did they not tell you?"

"No."

Sylvie made a face as Týr muttered a quiet 'yikes'.

"I mean, they did, eventually." Loki continued, "Hang on a second. So, tell- tell me about your mother."

"I barely remember her. Just blips of a dream at this point" She paused, eyes flicking over to Týr as he sat back up, resting his head in his hands again, "And what about you?"

Loki felt Týr immediately tense beside him.

"Don't remember much." He sniffed.

Sylvie opened her mouth to question further, before Loki quickly interjected.