Escape Plan

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛Akari's Pov ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Laying on the side of my bed and looking at the dark, gloomy atmosphere outside. I smirked like a crazy psycho within my thoughts.

It's funny how I'm looking at the full moon, glaring past at me while I suffer for the pain brought by my neck cut, headache, and this shitty dizziness due to my fever. My brain feels like it's breaking in two and I'm not too fond of this feeling.

I'm not used to being weak and sick.

I'm not used to being vulnerable.

Sa tingin ko, ang mga nangyari sa akin lahat kanina, Hindi na talaga ganun kalakas si Izumi Akari. I hate to admit it, but the way how fast the scenes of death came to me on my very second day of staying here, the way I got into big trouble at the cafeteria, and the way I almost got killed earlier for breaking that freaking rule of this hell school...

All of it became a living nightmare to me.

I'm not born as a scardy-cat, instead, I'm hella brave— that's what others say.

If I entered through something dangerous, I always got a way to walk past it.

I stood firmly above my decisions and never regretted the things I've done in the past.

But now remembering all the words that Mizumi and Mizuka have said earlier, perhaps I'll have to break my personal rules this time.

*𝘍𝘓𝘈𝘚𝘏𝘉𝘈𝘊𝘒*

"Kailangan mong makatakas dito, Izumi." Mizuka's calling me by my name. Hindi na bago yon, kapag seryoso siya tinatawag niya talaga ako sa pangalan ko and not that usual 'bitch' nickname that she has for me screams like our topic for this conversation is damn serious.

She looked at me with he blazing purple eyes and gave me back President L's handkerchief.

"Now that you almost know all the darkest secrets of Dark High Academy, you must go and run away from here while you can. Run and never turn back." I can't help but be scared for my life now that they're saying the sort of words.

Kung alam ko lang sa simula palang that Dark High Academy was a hell school and studying here will give me phobias and nightmares, I wouldn't walk my ass in here to creep myself.

Pinagsisihan ko na tuloy ngayon ang naging desisyon ko.

"Sa tingin mo makakatakas ako dito? How about you guys? Hindi niyo ba ako sasamahan?" I asked them as I fumbled around in the sofa's soft cushion, trying my luck to find my black jacket hidden in there.

"We can't change our date fate, Akari. Mizuka and I already spent weeks and months trying to find ways on how we can escape here, but the more we explore, the more secrets we unfold. That's why it's too late for us to go out. Madame Yuki has already been perking her eyes on us." Mizumi said hopelessly.

"One more wrong move... And she said... She'll not think twice to kill us. She doesn't like students who are lawbreakers. Especially, if her rules are the ones, we're planning to break." Mizumi's hopeless eyes strike a pang on my chest.

So they've been in this hell for several months. I can't imagine what other dark secrets they are pertaining to, but then, thinking now that I knew one secret of DHA was hiding. I bet I really have to escape as fast as I could before all of this gets out of hand. I must run, before it's too late.

*𝘌𝘕𝘋 𝘖𝘍 𝘍𝘓𝘈𝘚𝘏𝘉𝘈𝘊𝘒*

I stand up groggily from my bed as if getting ready to head out. Matapang kong hinawakan ang hiwang nasa leeg ko para i-check kong nagdudugo pa ba. Fortunately, it's not na. I guess, I can make my plans now.

I took a glance on the wall clock now because it's still dark. I can't see what time it is at isa pa the clock in here in the living room doesn't glow in the dark—what a bummer.

"It's just 2:30 Am. May thirty minutes ka pa before black hour ends. Are you planning... To escape now?" Mizuka appeared to my front with a cup of coffee in her hands. I answered a deep sigh and a little "yeah, I guess." Following her questions.

I got stuck for a moment when she fixed my jacket's hood and hid my face even deeper within in dark fabric. With her purple-orbed eyes and profound aura, she took one step closer to me and whispered, "You're a lucky bitch, President L was in your favor. Maybe he can help you about this. Maybe he knows some hidden escape route out of DHA. Go to him."

I simply nodded at her and received my bagpack from Mizumi's arms. She already packed my things up while we are having a conversation earlier.

From standing at the door, Mizumi tossed it to me, and before I could even twist the doorknob, I paused and held her cold hands, "Don't worry about me, Mizumi. I promise I can do this."

Kahit hindi man sabihin sa akin ni Mizumi, alam kong nag aalala siya sa plano ko. After two days of staying here with them, I can say that even though they aren't the best roommates I've ever had at least naging totoo sila sa akin, with their words, personalities, conditions and all of those.

They have shared it with me without barriers and pretensions. That's why I can say... They still care.

At kahit hindi ko man sabihin sa kanila ng harap-harapan. One thing for sure, I'll try my best to escape here and call the attention of the police or anyone who could help the rest of DHA to be free from this damned school.

Falling black leaves tumble from the interlocking branches above. Branches that grow so thickly give way only to bright gaps of the moon's light to breakthrough. As I ventured out into the woody and flaky grounds of DHA's cost area, the leaves came down like the most outrageously  large black confetti and  cascaded down to my jet-black hair. The leaves vary from vivid pitch dark to the color of the soil.

It's rare to see so many come down all at once, and I can't think why it should be so.

Bawat paghakbang I make, I can hear the leaves sing a melody of suspense for those passing through them, with my every step, they rustle loud, so loud to the point that I'm scared I can't be hidden. As I'm trying so hard to stop stifling my steps and make them as soft as I can, I heard several steps around me.

The horror of the situation was only heightened by the lonesome sound of the leaves scratching and scrapping to one another.

Shit!

I quickly hid behind the largest body of the tree I saw. Were that the students of Section -Zero? Did they see me escape?

Damn!
They can't catch me!

I can't let them see me! 

I'm stuck in the deepest breath of the damp loamy air so that I can focus on my hearing. I want to hear their steps so that when the time comes that they're far from me. I can sprint a run towards the agape open massive gates.

When the sound of the steps came to an abrupt stop, I lifted my face, letting a light and shadow of the full moon danced across my skin, I peeked at the side of the big sturdy tree too see if there's still someone around the area. I found none, so I decided to step out and continue to run until I reach the school's enormous gate.

The rattle of chains hit the ground softly when I found a certain way on how to unbreak them. The locks hummed in and out of the creaking rusty gate as I'm lock-picking it using the mini screwdriver Mizumi gave me earlier and even though I can inhale its odd rusty smell, I continued on, delighting by the mere fact of thinking that I can finally go out of this hell school.

As I listened to the sound of my feet tapping through the crisp black leaves, a voice spoke behind me, which I didn't expect to give a newest addition to my nightmare collection.

"Where do you think your going, huh? Ms. Akari?"

I forcefully closed my eyes.

Damn this life!

Please be aware of any grammatically incorrect and misspelled words. Thank you! :))