His Mark

Slowly reviving my conscious state, the whirlwind of reality arises me. A flood of specific memories came flashing back into my mind as I felt my whole body floating with the embrace of a familiar silhouette.

Nanaginip ba ako? Malamang hindi.

Am I hallucinating? Malamang hindi rin.

I'm sure that I am awake as hell.
But who do I feel like I'm dancing in the midair? And what's with the warmth wrapping around me?

"Close your eyes, Little Miss Transferee. You're not allowed to see me in that state of yours." Hearing those words, a realization hit me hard.

I am not floating, nor am I dancing in the midair.

I am being carried by someone.

Someone who I'm sure is the guy behind my survival from the mess I've entered earlier— the guy who saved my life.

The one of a hell mysterious President of DHA.

President L.

In the train of my curious thoughts, I found my hands unconsciously making their move towards the face of President L. Nothing else shouts in my head to grab his white face mask off and see even just a glimpse of his face. With only an inch left in the interval of my fingers to the hem of his mask, my heart throbbed hard when he frantically stopped his steps and held my hand. "Stop. I already warned you, lady. You can't disobey my orders."

His voice seems so cold.

So deep.

And so mysterious.

I lowered my hand and never dared to speak nor to touch him.

He's acting like this yet, why on earth does he not scare me in any way?

It's just that... I'm finding him so weird.

Why the hell is he wearing a mask? He's the President, the most powerful in this hell-like school but why does he have to hide his face? Why does his face have to remain unknown to all of the people in here... for freakin' fucking years?

"Does all of this make you cool?" I was supposed to blurt that to my inner self, but shit, I made a huge mistake! I spoke it too loud!

Did he hear it?

"Of course not, lady. I'm not hiding for the sole purpose of acting cool. Keep that in your curious mind." Oh freak, he did hear it!

Ugh!

I'm such a fool.

Why did my mouth release it all, away? At this moment, I badly want to stitch my lips so that I can't blabber other words out, which will definitely make me dig my own pit grave.

Darn.

My mouth.

For the second time around, he stopped in his tracks again and stared at me with his gray eyes, "And I'm not allowed to tell you the true reason on why I am doing this. Not now." I was about to say something, but then a tingling sensation on my neck interrupted. I barely touched the aching part, but then when I lifted my hand in the midair... I saw a freaking blood!

Fuck that crazy man earlier. This is all because of him and that darn knife. Ano nga ulit name niya? Sydney? Sucralose? Sigourney? Sy~ nevermind. Hindi ko na siya maalala and he's not worth remembering for. I raise two middle fingers of him.

"Don't love, lady. You're bleeding excessively." I felt a warm hand wrapping my neck around a plain white handkerchief.

Seconds later, as I'm fully aware that blood is oozing out of my wounded neck, President L stops at his tracks again.