"Only one." I nodded, taking his hand.

..........

"Daisy!" Kiara yelled when Kai and I stepped out of the shuttle.

We had to fly to the ceremony grounds due to the influx of traffic on the usually quiet roads.

I had to take a moment to calm myself, holding my breath until the nausea subsided.

"Are you alright?" Kai asked, sympathetically.

"Peachy." I muttered, forcing a smile.

"You made her fly?" Kiara looked amused. "I wish I would have travelled with you guys. Daisy in the sky is hilarious."

"I'm glad I amuse you." I raised a brow.

"Kiara, can you please keep Daisy company while I get us a drink?" Kai asked.

"I'm hardly going to ignore her am I?" She huffed.

His lips formed a tight line as his jaw tensed. Kiara loved to antagonise her big brother and I applauded Kai's reluctance to bite back.

He quickly walked away after grunting at her and we both laughed, watching as he marched towards Hilz and Danik's house.

"Has anybody told you how incredible you look in that dress?"

"Thanks, but you look phenomenal."

And I wasn't lying. She did look phenomenal. Her dress was emerald green, floor length like mine but it flared from the waist down, ever so slightly. Real emeralds were clustered around her bust, seperating as they reached her waist.

Her earrings matched her necklace and tiara, and her hair was tied into a neat ponytail.

I loved her hair. It was so silky and smooth. Nothing like mine.

"Well, I had to make an effort today. More than usual infact." She grinned.

I cocked my head, looking up at her suspiciously. "Why's that?" I wondered.

Her grin widened and it was obvious that she was hiding something.

I chuckled, wondering what had caused her to act so giddy.

"I wasn't going to say anything yet but.. can you keep a secret?" She whispered.

Oh no. I didn't like secrets. I was never any good at keeping them. And what if it's bad? Could I keep it from Kai?

"It depends what it is." I whispered back, looking around to make sure that we were alone.

"My soulmate bond has been activated!" She squeeled.

I gasped, clapping my hands together like a child.

"Oh my gosh, Kiara, that is amazing."

I tried to keep my cool but I knew I wasn't doing a very good job of it.

"When do you think you'll meet him? Do you think you know him?"

"Today, I hope. The buzzing in my ears started last night, so he must be close. No doubt he's here for the changing of hands so I have no idea who he is."

"Are you excited?"

"Yes and no. I think I'm nervous more than anything."

I thought back to when I met Kai. I didn't know what any of it meant so I wasn't nervous in the slightest. If I knew then, what I know now, I would probably know how Kiara was feeling.

"Aww, Kiara. Whoever he is, he's lucky to have you." I chimed.

"Just promise me you won't tell anyone. Today isn't about me, I don't want to take any attention away from my parents."