"What'd you want with Kez?" Beatrice questions, as she pours the woman's drink.

"We're old friends," Candace says, "inseparable as kids we were, surprised you don't remember."

"You know me?" Beatrice responds.

"You're Ada's friend," Candace states, "we only met once or twice. I'm Candace."

"Beatrice," she responds, placing the drink on the counter.

"Thank you," Candace says.

"So what happened between you and Kez? Why'd we only meet once or twice?" Beatrice questions.

"I got a boyfriend, and we grew apart," Candace frowns, "didn't see much of her once I met my Jamie."

-

"Okay, so maybe you were right," Tommy says, turning to his sister, as the siblings walking into the Garrison, Bea and Candace were deep in conversation over the bar.

"I fucking told you she'd show up," Kezia states, glancing at Theresa, "I'm also never listening to your advice again."

"How was I supposed to know it would go so wrong?" Theresa defends, "I also didn't think you'd then spend the night with your ex - I think you have to accept some responsibility for that."

The pub going quiet at their entrance caused the two women at the bar to look over at what had stopped the commotion of the crowd.

"Well, this is fun," Tommy jokes, "why don't you go to them and say hello? Have yourselves a nice little reunion. Think about it, you can find out what you actually did with her last night."

"Fuck yourself," Kez responds, groaning as Candace beckons her over.

"You two are coming with me," Kezia states.

"As if we'd miss this interaction," Theresa laughs, following Kez to the bar.

"Evening," Tommy greets, "Bea, a bottle of whiskey, please?"

"Sure, how many glasses?" Bea responds.

"Three- wait no, four, John is joining us soon," Tommy says.

"Kez, where'd you go last night? We were on our way home, I turn around and you'd disappeared, I came here to make sure all was okay," Candace says, her eyebrows furrowed with concern.

"...I disappeared," Kezia repeats, "as in, I didn't walk you home."

"No, I looked around for you, you were gone, it was dark, I figured you'd be okay, so I continued home," Candace states, "did you get home safe?"

Theresa and Tommy share a look which doesn't go unnoticed by Bea who glances between them with a confused expression on her face.

"I did get home safe, yes," Kezia nods.

"We forgot to get Ada a drink," Theresa says.

"Ada's coming?" Tommy questions.

"Yes, she's coming with John," Theresa nods.

"Bea, could we get a gin for Ada aswell," Tommy says.

-

"That was awkward," Theresa sighs, as they sit down in the snug.

"So you didn't go home with Candace, whose fucking bed did you wake up in then?" Tommy asks.

"You think knowing it wasn't her makes it easier for me to know who it is?" Kezia retorts.

"Well, what lane was the house on?" Theresa asks.

"Henshaw," Kez responds.

"I vote that we just go to the house, knock on the door and see for ourselves," Theresa suggests.