chapter 17

January 12th, 2022
📍Dortmund, Germany🇩🇪

Georgina grabbed some clothes out her suitcase, Jude had left to the bathroom to allow her to get changed. She pulled on some plain, black leggings, a knitted jumper, and a chocolate brown, leather jacket, accessorised with a chunky cream scarf. It was still freezing in Germany and the girl wanted to make she was going to be warm enough, plus it was a cute fit.

Jude re-entered the room, now dressed himself; he was wearing blue jeans, a grey hoodie, a black Christian Dior jacket and a grey beanie.

"Disguise?" Georgina asked, pointing at the beanie.

"Don't take the mick," he said, grabbing her hand, "it worked last time..." she furrowed her brows together, giving him a questioning look, "...ok it worked for me then."

"Hahaa," she laughed, "c'mon let's go."

"Okayyy, finally," he sighed, acting like the girl had taken ages getting ready.

"Uh- don't pretend like you haven't been staring at yourself in the mirror for the past 20 minutes," she argued.

"Shhh," he replied, grabbing her shoulders, spinning her around, before guiding her out the door and down the stairs with his hand on her lower back.

"You two off now?" Denise asked from the kitchen.

"Yep," Jude replied quickly, he wanted to get out before Jobe had the chance to make some stupid remark about the pair.

Jude pulled open the door, allowing Georgina to step out first, before closing it behind him. He opened the car door for her and walked round to his side, jumping in.

They began driving to the markets but Georgina couldn't help but worry about things.

"What if people see us?" she asked.

"Then let them," he answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

"No, Jude..." she said, looking over to him, "seriously?"

"Don't worry about it," he said reassuringly, placing a hand on her leg that was bouncing up and down, "it'll probably be busy there anyway, people won't notice us."

"Ok," she responding, trusting what he said. She trusted him so much already, she wasn't sure why - it's not like they've known each other that long - but something about him seemed honest.

~

After a 15 minute drive they found somewhere to park, and began to venture through the streets of Dortmund. The cold hit them both instantly once they stepped out of the warmth of the heated car, and Georgina buried her face further into her scarf, and Jude pulled his beanie down his forehead more. He grabbed one of her hands, putting it in his pocket for extra warmth.

They walked round the markets, and then Jude stopped and gasped at something, pulling Georgina in the opposite direction.

"What?" she asked, slight concern in her voice.

"You gotta try these Gi," he said, leading them over to a pretzel stand. She just smiled up at him at both his use of her new nickname and his excitement over food.

"Pretzels?" she giggled, she'd had them before, they were ok but nothing special.

"Yeh but these are like, different pretzels," he replied.

"Different pretzels?" now she was beginning to think he was crazy.

"Have you ever had German pretzels?"

"No... I've had normal pretzels though," she answered.

"Yeh these are like just amazing," he explained, "just try them and then tell me what you think of them."