"I'm good, but thank you." (Y/n) kissed me on the cheek. "I might as well go change."

Once (Y/n) exits the room I continue eating the pizza. Dustin and Lucas start debating on whether to go out to the arcade or stay home and watch movies. Max was just rolling her eyes, clearly annoyed with the two of them.

"How do you deal with them?" I ask.

"Honestly," Max looks over at the two and back at me, "I don't know. I guess it's because they've always been there for me and made me feel welcome in their group. I never felt like that before, I never had many friends when I was living in California. And my stepbrother Billy was always being an asshole towards me." I could tell she was trying not to cry. I feel sympathetic towards Max, she and I are similar in some ways.

"Anyway, when we moved here to Hawkins, I didn't know anyone and these two were the first people that introduced themselves to me. At first, I thought they were a bunch of weirdos. But now I can't even imagine what life would be like without them. They're my best friends."

I look towards Lucas and Dustin, "Yeah, I guess they're alright."

Max laughed. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Wow!" Dustin said, I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but I noticed he was looking forward. I turned my head and looked at what he was seeing. It was (Y/n) in her prom dress. I'd already seen it a few times, but seeing her in the beautiful pink silk dress, was like a dream. She was stunning in the dress, and honestly, I couldn't wait to see her out of it. She had a heart necklace on with matching earrings.

"Wow!" I said. I stood up and walked over toward (Y/n). "You look so beautiful."

Her cheeks reddened. "Thank you. And you look beautiful too..." her eyes widened, "I mean handsome, you look handsome."

"Thank you." I took her hand in mine.

"Okay you two, get a room," Max said.

"Oh look at you two." I heard (Y/n)'s mom. "I need to get a picture of you before you leave." She walked into the kitchen and grabbed her camera.

"Oh god," (Y/n) said mostly to herself. I put my arm around her to help her relax.

Her mom came from the kitchen with the camera. "Okay, say cheese."

I wrapped my arms around (Y/n), and I tried smiling the best I could. Being with her makes me smile though, I'm the happiest I have ever been in a long time.

"Cheese." We both say and then there is a quick flash. She took a few more pictures of the two of us, then she asked Dustin if he could take a few pictures of us with her mom.

"Aw, I can't wait to get these developed." (Y/n)'s mom said taking the camera back.

"We can't either mom."

"Okay you two, you should get going." (Y/n)'s mom looked up at the clock that was on the wall.

"We should." (Y/n) turned towards me. "Can we stop by your place real quick, I have to drop something off first."

"Sure." I take her hand and we say our goodbyes to everyone I help her out the door and help her get into my van.

"I just need to drop something off at your house, and then we can get going to Prom."

"What do you have there with you?" I noticed a bag on her lap, and I was curious what was inside.

"It's a surprise." She smiled at me.

"Oh really?" She's teasing me.

"Yes really." She tried to give me a stern look, but it wasn't working.

"You can't give me a little hint?"

"Nope."

"Not even a little one?"

"No, now pay attention to the road."

We drive for a few more minutes until we reach the trailer park. I park in front of my house and help (Y/n) out of the van.

"Okay, I'll be right back." She opens the door and I wait for only a few seconds.

"All set?"

"All set."

I help her get back into the van. "We can always just skip the prom and we can stay here." I nuzzle my face into her neck, and I nibble at her ear.

"Eddie," she laughs. "Stop it."

"What if I want to stay here though? We can have our fun here."

"Eddie, come on. I know you're nervous about this, but I'm here with you." (Y/n) takes my hand.

Dammit. "Fine."