Chapter 36.

3 days till Prom

I scanned the crowd of people, searching for one person in particular... Chrissy Cunningham. I waited and waited. Dustin and Mike were with me helping me keep an eye out. Classes hadn't started yet, and the bell was about to ring in five minutes.

"What exactly are you going to say to her once you find her?" Dustin asked.

"I'm not sure yet, but somewhere along the lines of 'what the hell is wrong with you... you fu—'"

"Found her," Mike said pointing at her in the crowd. I didn't have time to think of a plan, I just went right up to her.

"Oh hi, (Y/n)." She tried to look so innocent like she didn't do anything wrong.

"Don't hi me Chrissy, what is wrong with you?"

"What?"

"Eddie is my boyfriend. I mean he was my boyfriend. But what the hell is wrong with you." I tapped my foot on the linoleum floor, waiting for her to answer.

"I'm not sure what you mean. I never..."

"Don't pull that bullshit on me. I know that you wanted him." I pushed her slightly.

"Seriously (Y/n)." She hissed.

"Yes, I'm serious. What the hell is wrong with you? What makes you think it's okay to just steal someone's boyfriend." I balled my fists, I wasn't going to hit her, but I didn't trust myself.

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I do."

"I'm not seeing Eddie and he's not seeing me."

"Don't lie." I was practically shouting.

"Calm down so I can explain, please." Chrissy pulled me aside, away from the crowd.

"You know what you did."

"I didn't do anything wrong." She tried to whisper.

"Then why were you and Eddie by yourselves, talking."

"It's not what you think."

"Bullsh—"
"He wanted to learn how to dance."

Both of us shouted at the same time.

It took me a bit to register what she said.

"What the hell do you mean?" All the blood drained from my face.

"He told me he didn't want to go to prom because he didn't know how to dance. He lied about knowing how and he felt embarrassed."

"But..." I didn't know what to say.

"He called me a few days ago asking if I could teach him to dance."

"Why did he ask you and not me?" I still felt betrayed.

"He was embarrassed to say anything to you. He loves you so much (Y/n) and he wanted to impress you."

"I don't understand."

"Eddie loves you, and he didn't ask because he was afraid you'd be mad at him."

"I am mad at him, for lying to me. I believed he was cheating on me with you."

"Why would he do that to you?" She asked.

"Because..." I crossed my arms.

Chrissy arched her brow.

"Jesus Christ, because you're pretty and popular and I know he liked you before. You don't know me, Chrissy, I'm not even sure why Eddie would be interested in me?" I started to cry.

Chrissy looked up for a minute and then back at me. "How does it make you feel? How does Eddie make you feel?"

"I feel beautiful and loved. He makes me believe anything is possible. He is perfect for me, I love him for him."

"I love you too." I turned around and saw Eddie standing behind me.

"Then why did you lie to me?" I couldn't hold back the tears.

"Prom seemed so important to you and I know you wanted to go so I lied about knowing how to dance." Poor Eddie, it looks like he hasn't had any sleep these past few nights. There was a hint of stubble on his face as if he hadn't shaved in a while.

"Prom isn't important to me, you are."

"You still want to go to prom?"

"Of course I do. I mean it's my last year here at this school, and I want to make memories. But I want to make them with you." I moved in a little closer.

"With me?" I took him by surprise.

"Yes with you." I laughed.

"Why?"

"Because I love you, you doofus. I have wanted to be with you for such a long time. Back in middle school, I had the hugest crush on you, but you seemed to notice Chrissy so I just left it alone. But seeing you, I admired you for a long time. Your "I don't give a damn" attitude."

He laughed. "That's the thing though, I do give a damn. I give a damn about you (Y/n)." This time Eddie moved in a bit closer.

The damn bell rang over five minutes ago, we were late for class, but I didn't care.

"I love you, Eddie." I reached out and placed my hand on his cheek. It was a bit rough, and it was scratchy on my hand, again I didn't care.

"I love you too," Eddie said, leaning in to kiss me.

The kiss lasted for a few minutes and a crowd of people were saying "Awe." And a few others said "Ew." Then the principal came out and told us we had to get to class.

Once it was lunch time I walked over to Eddie's table. I waited for him to arrive. Before he showed up it was Dustin and Mike and then Lucas and Max, and then Eddie's other 'Hellfire' friends came and sat down.

"You're back," Dustin said.

"I'm back." I smiled.

"It's about damn time," Gareth chimed in. "Eddie was miserable without you. He barely came to band rehearsals."

"I'm back and I'm not going anywhere."

"Good, because I hate not having you here," Eddie said as he sat down. 

I took his hand in mine. "I'm not going anywhere," I said again.