Birthday girl - Part 12

Start from the beginning

Katie sat in her bed for a while longer, admiring the gifts from her friends and feeling eternally grateful for the life she had at Hogwarts with them. She'd never had such good friends before.

——————————————————
Gryffindor Common Room, 7am

"Have you got the presents?" Peter called to Marcus as he carefully rushed down the common room stairs carrying a cake.

"Yes! Wait! Yes yes i've got them all!" Marcus replied as he scampered around their dorm to find all the gifts they had brought before rushing down the stairs behind Peter.
"She's 18 today, that's mad" Marcus said to his brother

"I know, feels like only yesterday she was born, and we had a sister" Peter replied, a smile on his face as he fondly remembered the day his sister was born.

As they reached the common room, Marcus placed the presents in a pile on the coffee table before sitting down on the sofa. Peter followed, carefully putting down the cake and sitting beside his brother. The boys both looked at each other triumphantly, they had sworn to make sure their sister's 18th was legendary.

"Whats with all this?" Fred asked as he and George came to sit on the armchair beside the sofa.

"You guys having a party and not inviting us?" George continued

"Bit rude isn't it George?" Fred added

"It is Fred" George finished

"Relax Thing one and Thing two, it's for Katie" Marcus amused as he gestured to the presents and cake before laying back in the chair.

"It's her 18th birthday today" Peter added for context. Fred and George's faces lit up with excitement.

"Is there a party?" They asked in unison.

"Not a Gryffindor Party unfortunately, but a Slytherin one. Malfoy and his goons are setting it all up" Marcus said flatly, rolling his eyes. He had never been fond of Katie's friends but he made do because they made her happy. Peter nudged Marcus in the side warningly causing Marcus to clear his throat.
"But i think some of us have been invited. So keep an eye out for an invitation" Marcus told Fred and George, who both became thrilled by the notion of going to a Slytherin party.

——————————————————
The Great Hall, 7:50am

"Oh my, it's the birthday girl! Make way!" Cassius said dramatically as he noticed Katie and the other's approaching the table. Katie smiled and shoved his shoulder as she sat down beside him.

"Oh shut the fuck up, people will hear you" Katie warned him as she gave him a slight glare. Cassius chuckled lightly before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Happy Birthday Kate" He told her softly before turning back to his food. Pansy joined the two of them whilst the boys sat opposite.

"Kate? Since when did people call you that" Theo asked confused as he sat opposite Katie and grabbed a croissant from the centre of the table.

"Not many people do. My brothers and Cassius, that's about it" Katie shrugged at Theo as she also began loading her plate with food. Theo looked at her still slightly bewildered as they all began to eat their breakfast. The morning began to feel like any other day, Mattheo and Theo throwing butter across the table, Draco being incredibly picky over the fruit he chose, Blaise and Pansy staring into each others eyes and Enzo making flirty eyes at a girl somewhere down the table. Katie was feeling rather happy.

Katie noticed her brothers across the hall gesturing for her to come over, however she shook her head and gestured for them to come to hear. From across the hall she could still see Marcus roll is eyes as Peter pulled him to stand.
Katie smirked triumphantly, she knew Marcus would always avoid being around her friends since they were Slytherins. The closest Marcus would get to Slytherin's willingly was on the Quidditch pitch. Katie crossed her arms across the table as her brother walked down the isle behind her.