Chapter Twenty

FRANCESCA

If you told me this morning that I'd be kissing Matthias van der Burg in a random suburban lighthouse, I'd probably kick you out of the room for fabricating such a lie. Yet here I was, welcoming his touch like I'd been craving him for months. In fact, maybe I had been.

Matthias pulled away after he kissed me at first. He looked worried, like he was trying to see if he'd just fucked everything up. But I didn't snap at him or get mad. I just stared at him. At his lips. At his eyes.

I gently placed my hands behind his back, hovering my lips so that they were just inches away from his own. Without speaking, I was telling him that I wanted this. I wanted him.

Matthias gently rubbed his nose against the edge of mine, staring down at my lips as he deliberated his next move.

And then he was kissing me again, slowly. I opened my mouth to welcome him as the wind gently blew my hair. He increased the pressure of his hand, drawing me towards him as if we weren't close enough. He wanted more. Hell, I wanted more.

I felt my eyes flutter as his minty breath escaped as a moan in my mouth. I was weak from his touch, but I managed to remove his jacket, hearing a distinct thud as it hit the floor.

I traced my hands along his taut arm muscles, feeling his body cling to his shirt. Matthias placed his hand on the side of my neck and tilted his head to deepen the kiss. He started to speed up. He was taking control.

This was no longer a soft kiss. There was nothing careful about the way his lips devoured me with desire. It made me hot and wet.

I could barely keep my hands still as I tilted my head in sync with his movements. Then his hands were travelling down my chest, gently gripping my breasts as he flicked my hard nipple through the soft fabric of my shirt. My body shuddered in response, wondering why I didn't realise how good that felt until now.

I pulled back to stare at his gorgeous face. His mouth was swollen, and I could only imagine mine was as well. I gently bit my bottom lip, staring up at his erratic breathing.

Matthias looked into my eyes, smiling as he gently brought his thumb to trace the edge of my jaw.

"Hey," he whispered.

I smiled up at him. "Hey."

"Do you trust me?"

I nodded, nestling my face into his hand as I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. Matthias used his other hand to trace my waist.

The edge of my hips.

My thighs.

I sighed as he inched towards the bottom of my skirt. Slowly marking my body with every kiss he placed on my neck. His fingers gently caressed the fabric of my panties.

"Fuck," he sighed. "You're dripping, sweetheart."

I couldn't respond with words. I could only moan and tilt my head back to signal my agreement. Matt's hands continued to trace around my pussy, patiently waiting for permission to go further.

I managed to stumble out a "yes" and "please", before pulling his mouth back onto mine.

I was completely sober, yet I was getting more and more high with every groan that left his body. The air was silent, apart from the wet, gentle sounds of our mouths exploring one another.

Instead of placing his hands further into me, Matt cupped my arse with his hands and carried me over to the park bench. He placed my fragile body onto the wood before smirking against my mouth.