Whatever it takes.

I looked around once more and unsurprisingly, I saw Ryan. But only this time... a bullet hole was in his head as he stood staring at me.

LILIA DIXON POV

After a while of being in the woods we eventually found a shack where we could hold up for the time being until we heard a train once it got light. We followed the sound of the train as it went through the woods and there were no direct roads nearby. 

Thankfully, we ended up finding Maggie on our drive following the train, she was crouched over a walker, who looked like a young boy. At first my heart dropped for her, thinking it was Hershel, but when I carefully approached her I realised it wasn't. She still came into my embrace, sobbing quietly as her son was also taken from her as well as mine.

We drove back to the shack, only to later be regrouped with Gabriel and Rosita, who looked equally stressed. After a long while of discussing what had happened previously at the Commonwealth, we agreed that our only option was to go after the train, especially since my dad, Carol and I saw Connie taken hostage on it. Rosita's daughter, Coco, had also been taken. It appears they all have, and she was more angry than upset.

We got in front of the train as it stopped somewhere, and we bent part of the lever that switched the tracks. Before we could get caught, we hid in the woods until the train pulled to a stop. I put down the binoculars and Maggie nodded at me faintly after one of the soldiers came out to inspect the damage. My dad and Carol headed over to the middle of the train where some vehicles were, Rosita and Gabriel went to the back so Maggie and I went to the front.

Maggie and I then crept towards the train, entering the drivers room to see a man looking stressed out as he spoke into the radio.

The radio went static and he placed it down. Maggie and I held up our weapons as he turned around with wide eyes.

"Put it down." Maggie ordered firmly whilst the man tried to reach for his gun. He quickly saw how he was outnumbered, placing his weapon down, "Over there. Now."

Suddenly there was rapid gunfire, and the man's eyes flickered to the radio and then his gun momentarily. I noticed and glared at him, tightening my grip on my rifle. "Don't even think 'bout it." He obliged without hesitation once again.

A couple minutes passed, we tied the man's hands together and exited the train after Rosita said it was all clear. The sound of two motorbikes revving in the distance confused me, but apparently a soldier tried to escape so my dad was chasing after him.

Rosita harshly grabbed the train driver's arm, and dragged him along to the vehicle and headed back to the shack nearby. The man did his best to co-operate, his tone was desperate, "I do what you're asking, I'm dead!"

"You know what? You're dead if you don't." Rosita spat, nudging him to look at one soldier on the ground my dad earlier questioned before he died. She then pushed him against the wall, "Sit down."

"My family lived at a nearby outpost. If Warden finds out I helped you.." The train driver, who's name was Wilson after searching his pockets, shakily spoke, "I'll end up just like your friends."

I folded my arms, narrowing my gaze at Wilson, "They took our children. You said you have a family? You'd do anythin' to get 'em back too."

Rosita looked to the dead soldier on the ground next to Wilson, tauntingly, she said, "I bet he had a family." 

Wilson gazed at the soldier next to him, sharply inhaling and then looking back up at us, "There's a map. Back at the train. It's in the engine room.."

Maggie nodded slightly again, looking at the group for our thoughts. It was the only option. No other choice, "Let's go." She stated, wasting no time to drag him to the vehicle.