Chapter 9 Ophelia's Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Yo, Ophelia!" Kiriya greeted her casually as if nothing to happened to her.

"I might do this one often to see your scary reaction, Ophelia." Sakura teased her nurse and helped Ophelia up.

Ophelia rubs her back and glares at them. "First of all, I was busy writing the reports, and second? I forgot it's my birthday today." The former goddess forgot her birthday after everything that happened. "Kiriya, how did you get here?" She didn't mention anything about which hospital she's working.

Sakura is surprised they know each other and decides to reveal it. "I invited him. Do you remember how I was annoyed with him back then? You asked how long we've been together?"

Ophelia nodded her head and gasped in shock. "You mean—"

"Kiriya is my boyfriend and Ophelia is my best friend." Sakura introduced the people she cherished.

"Sakura wouldn't stop ranting about how annoying you are, Kiriya." Ophelia pointed out and couldn't judge their dynamics seeing how much they care for each other.

"Imagined my surprise that my Delinquent Woman has a friend and happens to be you." Kiriya teased Sakura and earned a whack from his head. "Ow, was that necessary?" He hissed in pain while rubbing his head.

"You should treated me nicely, Kiriya." Sakura lectured him. "How did you guys meet?" She asked curiously, surprised they knew each other before.

"Through our friend Emu." Ophelia answered and didn't want to reveal the fact that Kiriya was a Kamen Rider like the other three. "You didn't broadcast my day, right?" She asked worriedly and didn't want the whole staff member to know her birthday.

"Just only us." Sakura assured her that she doesn't like to celebrate huge crowds. She showed her 3 cupcakes with candles. "I know you want your day to keep it secret so we bought this."

"Thanks guys." Ophelia smiles and appreciates their gestures.

"I didn't know you're a Christmas child, Ophelia." Kiriya wouldn't be surprised due to her full-of-surprise abilities.

"I was meant to be born on the 29th but I was early and born on Christmas Day." Ophelia answered. "You guys didn't have to do it."

"We wanted it." He assured her. "It's not every day to turn 21 and make a wish, Moon-chan." Kiriya teased.

Ophelia laughs softly before blowing her candles. "You guys are worse to roast me nonstop. I'd rather have one, not two to gang up."

"Well, that's how we roll." Sakura commented with a teasing smile. "Have one of the cupcakes." Ophelia takes one and the couples take the rest.

"What's your agenda today, Ophelia?" Kiriya asked her.

"To finish all my work because tomorrow is my last day. I took 2 weeks off to spend time with my family." Ophelia answered.

"Including a certain genius surgeon too?" Kiriya teased and Ophelia glared at him. "That guy gets jealous whenever we talk." He wouldn't forget the glare he received from him.

"Are we talking about the same ex? The one who broke her heart?" Sakura asked them curiously.

Ophelia silently eats her cupcake and refuses to answer it. Kiriya smirked and nodded his head. "Yes from what I've noticed... things are starting to fix their relationship slowly." It's hard to imagine them being a couple but he couldn't judge their relationship.

"Oh-ho, please tell me more about it, my love." Sakura grinned widely and Ophelia glared at Kiriya.

"I dare you to say it and you'll say farewell to your precious leather jacket of yours." Ophelia threatened Kiriya. She doesn't want anyone to know what's happening between them.