~.* Chapter Forty-Nine: Heaven and Earth *.~

Start from the beginning

     Another transformation was triggered from a distance and it was the Paths Titan, [Name]. As a parasite to the Founder, she was able to slow the Titan down and perhaps decrease the amount of Titans made from the War Hammer's abilities, but for now, she had to fight with the Armor and assist him.

     It was a repetitive cycle of lure and attack, thanks to Mikasa and Jean attacking the Titans that followed behind. For now, all they could do was attack and fight for their lives.

     Out of thin air, the colossal Titan appeared and hung on the spikes around it. Before Reiner could get away, he felt himself get snatched by the hand belonging to Bertholdt's colossal Titan. His jaw opened and it happened: Reiner's head got champed off and his body was thrown, creating a huge shockwave of smoke.

     Everybody was knocked out and under the Founder's skeletal figure. Jean hung on to Reiner before he could fall into the herd of Colossal Titans below that would burn him to a crisp if he got too close.

     "Sorry. Looks like my ODM gear is damaged," Reiner apologized to him as he attempted to fix the gears within.

     Meanwhile, Jean clicked on his right handle but to no avail and his gear wasn't moving. "Mine too. My right handle's busted. I can't pull us up."

     The two men hung there, both with unmanageable gear thanks to the Colossal Titan throwing the Armored. Reiner's eyes shifted to a pleading expression. "Jean, let go!" the man demanded. "I can transform one more time!"

     "And then what?" the other man frowned with a puzzled yet nervous countenance. "Only to get trampled in the rumbling, armor and all?" His frown turned into a scared grin, showing his true stress in the situation. "For being armored, your Titan sure gets smashed up a lot."

     It was time to spill the truth. Were the Scouts winning? Are they still able to defeat the rumbling, even in this state?

     "You think we can still win?"

     "Nope. But let's at least keep fighting all the way to the end. We're Scout Regiment. Scouts don't know when to quit."

     "Jean..."

...

     The breeze wasn't too hot or too cold. She could feel herself relaxing in the air as her body hung forward. The only thing that lingered in her mind was sleep. Maybe then, if she was killed right then and there, she wouldn't feel pain. The Titans were surrounding her body but Mikasa slayed every one she saw on her path, along with Levi who did his best.

     [Name] let her eyelids close despite seeing a Titan right below her, slowly approaching.

     When the colossal threw Reiner, she had to get out of her Titan quickly and was hit by a Titan nearby. Her gear was semi-functional, but she'd be going slower than usual in the air if she needed to.

     "[Name]! Wake up!" She heard a distant voice that she slowly recognized as Mikasa. Her voice made her shut her eyes more as she tried to ignore everything going on around her.

     The woman quietly mumbled before falling quiet again. Thoughts ran through her head on why she should even stay alive. It felt like nothing was motivating anymore knowing that Eren would be dead by the time all this was over if they all won.

     "Make sure you know what you're doing. I'm going off to find Annie. See you later Jaeger."

     Bianca's voice rang through her head instantly.

     Before she could do anything with that boost of motivation, she felt herself being carried off. Suddenly, she was flying on Falco's Titan form with everybody else. Annie, Gabi, and Bianca all looked at the shocked faces on them.