𝐱𝐢𝐱 | i trust you

Start from the beginning

Iris feels her stomach sink when all their eyes snap at her. Nervously, she looks at the culprit for the awkward silence.

"Uh, Sash, what are you talking about? I'm not dating Jean."

"Nonsense! You two are always together. Training together, eating together and whatnot," Sasha notices their awkward glances and her mouth hangs apart in disbelief. "Guys! Have you not seen how Jean acts around her? He's always trying to act cool and impress her, when he's really not, he tries to make her laugh and gets all nervous when she looks at him! C'mon! Do you really not see what I'm seeing?"

"Trust me, Sasha, we do," Armin says hesitantly.

Iris gives him a confused stare, at all of them.

"See? Armin sees it too! I'm not crazy, I swear!"

"You're right... He does get all nervous around her!" Connie lets go of Iris' hand and tilts his head, deep in thought. Then, he snickers. "Now that I'm really thinking about it, Jean is such an idiot in love!"

"Uh, Connie?" Armin calls, his eyes stuck on something behind him.

Oblivious, Connie continues with his anecdote. "You guys should've seen him the other day! I found him drawing, and I thought it was weird because I've never seen him do it, and-"

"Connie. Stop talking," Mikasa warns calmly.

"But, Mikasa, you guys haven't heard the best part yet! So, as I was saying, I saw the drawing and guess who it was?!"

Curious about their odd behavior, Sasha turns around and shrieks in panic. "Jean!"

"What? No, idiot!" Connie rolls his eyes annoyedly. "Jean was the one drawing! I caught him drawing Iris! Ha! Can you believe it-"

He feels something heavy on his shoulder, and when it squeezes him, Connie goes pale. He slowly looks over his shoulder, and jolts up in his seat, hitting his knee with the table, but the pain was not enough to distract him from his dangerous glare.

Connie smiles with fear in his eyes. "J-Jean!... My guy!.. Look, everyone! It's Jean! Who would've... t-thought?"

Indeed, it was Jean. He was accompanied by Marco, who greeted the group with a warm smile, where as Jean had his cold eyes set on a panicked Connie.

Jean squeezes his shoulder harshly, making Connie wince. "Nice story, man. Wanna tell us the rest?"

"Nuh-uh! I'm all good!" Connie rapidly shakes his head at the request, hoping Jean would have mercy on him. "And you know what? It was nothing, r-really!"

"Hm, I see," Jean nods. He turns to the rest. "Well, how about I tell you guys a story? Once, I caught Connie trying to fit his whole fist into his mouth and he was making this face that-"

"Okay! Okay! You win!" Connie cuts him off as his ears redden furiously. He turns to the rest, scoffing as they laughed. "And you! Couldn't you have given me a warning? I don't know, how about 'Watch out, Connie! Jean's behind you and he's gonna kill you!'? That would've been nice!"

"We did warn you," Mikasa shrugs. "You just didn't want to listen."

Connie dismisses her words with a dramatic wave of his hand, "You people are fake! Fake friends!"