𝐯𝐢 | city of trost

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ ✯ ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

"WE'LL BE WAITING for you in Headquarters. Make sure they don't catch you, understand?"

Bertholdt nods at the girl with the dusky hair and tan skin, tightening one of his belts around his waist so his ODM gear wouldn't fall.

Iris looks around, cautious of the possibility of someone seeing them and messing up the plan, and nods to herself. She hands Bertholdt a folded brown cape, which he puts on quickly.

The two were currently standing in a small alley just in front of Wall Rose in Trost District. They could see the fifty-meter wall stand high at a short distance, and due to its powerful height, the alley had no source of light from the sun.

Just like five years ago, the Warriors will have Bertholdt, holder of the Colossal Titan, transform and break the wall, attracting Pure Titans inside and bringing doom to the people of the island.

But this time they have the advantage of using the ODM gear: weaponry invented to use against the Titans that requieres great strength and skill to dominate.

It consisted of a gas-powered mechanism, resting at the wearer's lower back with two metal shafts that have spools of steel wires kept inside and a small conduct in between that allows the gas to exit.

That mechanism is connected to two hand grips that serve as hints for swords and aim and fire hooks, activating the gas mechanism and making the wearer elevate themselves to the air at a fast pace and navigate wherever they wish to. 

Those hooks can attach themselves to a Titan's body and, with the wearer's agile mobility, be able to kill it.

The strong steel blades are kept in two boxes that rest at the side of the wearer's thighs, strapped to belts from their waist. The gas containers are held in place by those boxes, too.

Iris would be lying if this invention doesn't mesmerize her every time she uses it or learns about it. It was such an unique and intelligent design to cut through Titan flesh.

Besides, you can fly in the air with it. What more could you ask for?

And now, Bertholdt would use his ODM gear to escape through the hole he will create and get back to the Cadet Corps Headquarters, where they will be summoned to act against the Titan attack.

A fast and easy way to travel back without getting caught.

She places a hand on his shoulder in a caring manner. Iris knew Bertholdt could handle himself and can trust him on anything and that they should already be used to dangerous situations as Warriors, but he is her friend.

She gets worried, nonetheless.

"Be careful, please ," Iris says, "I'm
not kidding, Hoover."

The boy smiles, patting her hand on him gently, grateful for her concern, "I will, don't worry. Go now, or you'll get blasted, too. Reiner and Annie are waiting for you."

Giving him a quick smile, Iris turns around and walks to her horse that waited for her, tied to a metal fence. She pushes her arms out and gets on its back, grabbing the reins, and rides off.