Chapter Fourteen

They made it all the way through until they reached a ladder

They made it all the way through until they reached a ladder. Harry was nominated to go first.

"What is it?" Hollyn asked.

Harry saw dried blood on the floor of a run down house. He got up the ladder and let them both up.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?" Hermione asked.

"Not bad." Hollyn said. She saw the other two give her weird looks. "Not saying I would live here, but the layout is nice.

"Come on." Harry led them up the stairs. They could hear Ron screaming up the stairs.

"Ron, are you okay?" Hermione asked.

"The dog, where is it?" Harry asked, his wand in hand.

"Harry, it's a trap." Ron said. "He's the dog. He's an Animagus." They saw the bloody paw print turn into human footprints. They saw the human standing behind a poor excuse for a door.

A man, pale with deep sunken eyes stood there.

"If you want to kill them, you'll have to kill us, too!" Hermione jumped in front of Hollyn and Harry.

"No. Only one will die tonight." Sirius Black threatened.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry pushed Hermione out of the way and grabbed Black by the throat, pinning him to the ground. He grabbed his wand.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Black laughed. Hollyn was horrified. What person laughs when he's about to be killed.

"Expelliarmus!" Someone shouted and Harry's wand went flying. Lupin nodded, gesturing for Harry to get away from Black.

"Well, well, Sirius...looking rather ragged, aren't we?" Lupin said. "Finally the flesh reflects the madness within."

"Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Black said, causing the professor to lower his wand.

Remus helped Black up and pulled him into a hug.

"What?" Hollyn whispered, very confused by what she saw.

"I found him!" Black said.

"I know."

"He's here!" Sirius backed away.

"I understand."

"Let's kill him." He said to Remus.

"No! I trusted you." Hermione shouted. "And all this time y-you've been his friend. He's a werewolf!" Hermione accused, looking back at Hollyn. "That's why he's been missing classes."

"How long have you known?" Lupin asked.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay." Hermione admitted.

"Well, well, well, Hermione. You really are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met." Lupin gave his compliments.