Chapter-5

" Salam taayi ammi" Shehnaaz greeted her seeing Fatima entering the kitchen so early in the morning.

" aap cahe lengi??" she asked adding water to the pot.

" Mujhe tumse khuch baat krni hai" Fatima stated turning off the gas, shehnaaz found her behaviour very strange, she was never fond of Fatima, Her tayi ammi had a weird set of rules for girls and shehnaaz never followed them, she used to do exactly opposite.

" Ji kahiye" she replied.

" Ye sb Jo tum Karna cha rhi Ho na, mere bete ke saath usko abhi ishi waqt rok do, warna mujhse bura koi nh hoga"

" maine aisa khuch nh Kia hai" she replied meekly.

" mere pass aankhein hai kal raat ko Jo terrace per tum uske itne qareeb khadi thi, haya naam ki chiz nh hai ky, kitna samay hua hai tumhare sohar ko mare hue, ki itne dino mein dusre mard ki zarrorat pad gyi woh bhi bina kisi...." Shehnaaz freezes at her spot listening to her venomous words, the tears are ready to spill any moment, her nails digging into the skin of her palm, she so wanted to give her back but the words were not coming out of her mouth.

" Ammi bas karde," Ruhaan shouted from the door.

" aap aise kisi par bhi koi illzam nh laga skti hai" He further added side hugging shehnaaz and ignoring his mother's glares.

" mujhe Mat sikhao Tum, koi Adab Hi baaki nh hai," She said dashing out of the kitchen.

"aapi I am sorry, maaf krde, ammi ki Taraf se mein apse maafi mangta hu" he apologises holding her hands in his.

" M..err aise koi intentions n...h haiii," she said looking at him.

" I know...i know aapi, aap roye na, mein abhi apk liye apk favourite cahe banata Hu, what say"

" Me..in...mera man..nh hai" she said running away from there and wiping her tears harshly when her feet tripped on the mat, before she could fall a pair of strong hands caught her gently, his musky fragrance hit her nostrils making her feel dizzy, she doesn't want to face him after last night but here she is in his arms, the water droplet falls on her rosy lips from his wet hair strand.

Siddharth eyes fixed on her pale face, his heart skipped a beat when her red vulnerable eyes met his brown orbs, her hands tightly gripping his white ironed shirt, and his calm eyes turned into questionable ones.

" why were you crying??" he questioned, the venomous words of Tayi ammi echoed in her ears as she tried to come out from his grip.

" choreee pleaseee" she demanded, he nodded making her stand properly.

" Kya hua hai shehnaaz, kisi ne khuch Kha hai Ky bacha, koi baat presaan kar rhi hai, tell me"

" khuch nh bs Farhad ki yaad aa rhi hai" she whispered moving past him, letting her tears fall freely, he didn't want to admit but her words hurt him deeply.

" Aap unhe pasand karte hai" Ruhaan questioned his brother leaning on the railing of the staircase.

" you don't have to worry about her" Sidharth said.

" she is my sister, I have every right to worry about her, if you are not serious for her Bahi, please leave her alone, kyunki apk actions ammi ki zubaan band nh kar skte hai" he said giving his elder brother a small smile.

" Ammi ne khuch kha hai" Sidharth asked in a serious tone.

" aap unhe jaante hai,"

" maine apk aankhon mein fiqar dekhi hai unke liye, aur woh bhi apko pehle bhut pasand karti thi bahi, tab situation khuch aur thi lekin ab khuch aur hai, aur jitna patience ke saath aap unhe handle kar skte hai baaki koi nh kar payega," Sidharth hummed pulling him in a bone-crushing hug.