CHAPTER 8 - A Birthday Celebration and an Unexpected Arrival

One year had passed since King Knox and Queen Amaria united, bringing warmth and happiness to Eldoria. Knox, once cold, had transformed into a loving husband and father due to Amaria's gentle nature.

As their love and Alexander's bond with his new family grew stronger, the kingdom prepared for the young prince's fifth birthday with a grand celebration. Decorations adorned the palace, laughter filled the gardens, and joy permeated the air.

Alexander, a bright and spirited boy, had found in Amaria the loving mother he longed for. Their unbreakable bond endeared them to the entire kingdom. The day began with games, music, and the young prince's laughter echoing through the palace gardens.

Yet, as the festivities unfolded, a lingering unease settled on Knox. He couldn't shake the feeling that Amaria's attention was more focused on their son than on him, and a hint of jealousy crept into his heart.

As the evening progressed, an unexpected twist disrupted the joyous occasion. Lady Eleanor, Knox's ex-wife and Alexander's birth mother, arrived at the palace after years of absence, creating shockwaves.

Knox, filled with disbelief, confronted Eleanor. "What are you doing here?"

Eleanor, determined and emotional, expressed her desire to be part of Alexander's life. Knox, torn between his love for Alexander and Eleanor's return, sought guidance from Amaria.

Amaria, compassionate, advised considering Alexander's happiness. The adults, conflicted, decided to discuss the situation with Alexander the next day.

The palace buzzed with tension as conflicting emotions played out. Alexander, oblivious to the turmoil, enjoyed his birthday celebration.

As the night deepened, Eleanor stayed in the palace, and plans were made to talk to Alexander the following day. The uncertainty weighed on the adults, contrasting with the joy and unity that had defined their family.

The people of Eldoria held their breath, hoping for a resolution that would safeguard the young prince's happiness and the love that defined their kingdom.

As the palace fell into uneasy silence, the hearts of Knox, Amaria, and Eleanor were heavy with the impending decision. The next day would bring a crucial conversation determining the path of their family, and the fate of the love that had thawed the once-cold heart of King Knox.