Chapter 3

{1ST PERSON - SARADA POV}

"Kawaki? Nice name." I smile.

"Same to you. Sarada is a pretty name. A pretty name for a pretty girl." He said looking me in the eye before looking straight ahead.

"There are much prettier girls than me." I say with a snort as I look down at my feet.

"Well, I think you're prettier." he said, smirking at me before diving into a classroom, which I assumed was ours.

"You flirt!" I holler at him, not realizing the class was dead silent.

But the realization hit me too late. It must've shown on my face, because Kawaki thought it was the funniest thing ever.

"HAHAHAHA!! Your face-" he started but it ended in a parade of snickers.

"Asshole." I deadpan.

The teacher walks in a moment later.

"Ahh! Well class, I'm sure you all know but we have two new students! If they could come to the front and introduce themselves," the teacher leaves the sentence unfinished as he turns to me and Boruto.

Time to make my acting lessons worth it.

"Hello, my name is Sarada Uchiha, and I strive to work hard for this class!" I say enthusiastically as I bow my head.

I scramble to my seat and only once I've sat down do I relax.

"Thank you, Sarada!" the teacher exclaims as I nod my head. He turns his focus to Boruto, who was sending daggers to Kawaki.

"My name? Boruto." He quickly closes conversation as he makes his way to his seat.

"Stay here young man. You need to say your first and last name and something you strive to do. A good example is Ms. Uchiha over here." the teacher said as he made Boruto restart.

"My name, Boruto. Boruto Uzumaki. What do I strive to become? I don't really know, nor do I care." he finishes his sentence with a salty smile as he goes to sit down.

"Well class, my name is Shino and lets begin."

...

Once class ended I gathered all my stuff was going to exit class but an arm held me back.

"Hey, where were you before class started?" Boruto asked as he glared at me.

"Oh, I went to the nurses office with Kawaki...I accidentally bumped into him." I confess as I give my fellow agent an awkward smile. But it seems my confession only made him more angry with me.

"Just, stay away from him. He's not a good kid." he grits leaving the classroom, and me standing in frustration.

And what would he know about that? They've only just met!

I groan in frustration as I walk over to my next class, my mind in shambles.

...

Soon enough, it was breaktime.

I went to the cafeteria and started searching for someone I knew. There was absolutely no way I was going to roam by myself, my social anxiety getting the worst of me.

After scanning basically the whole room, I finally saw a familiar face.

"Kawaki!" I holler as I quickly jog over to him.

"Oh, hey Sarada." Kawaki smiled at me.

"God, this place is gigantic! Can I sit with you?" I ask as I slightly cling onto his arm.