TVET- IAS Abiyum Vazhakkaringnar Vetriyum - Part 4b.

Start from the beginning

V: Appa! Thanks ppa! Thanks ppa! Unga nambikkiayai inimel udaikka mattenap! Naan en Sudarvizhiya ungakitta Abiyoda koottitu varuvenpa!

The next hurdle for Vetri is that his release date is three months after the first day of college. He is worried that he may lose a year and so discusses this with the NGO and Poongavanam. Poongavanam checks with a lawyer who talks to SN as Vetri's lawyer for the case. SN goes through all details and asks the new lawyer to apply for full release of Vetri close to his admission time on grounds of his service at the prison and his ranking in the CLAT exam. He quotes the appropriate section of the law and asks the lawyer to apply right away, when the Minister's tv interview about Vetri is fresh in everyone's mind. Though his lawyer and others are very confident, Vetri is not. He feels that things may go wrong like many other times in his life. He worries that things may slip out of his hands again and spends everyday in hope and agony. His only solace is the photo of his child, memories of Abi and his prayers everyday in the temple.

In the meantime, the results of the prisoner's board examinations show that close to 70% of the students have cleared their exams with decent scores and all of them want to enroll in technical or vocational courses. The NGO celebrates this with a feast and Vetri receives sincere gratitude from his fellow prisoners. Vetri requests the NGO to pass on their newsletter with this news to his father and father-in-law. SN gives a copy of this to Vetri's lawyer and asks him to check for pardon from the Governor of the State for good conduct and as a reward for his services towards his fellow prisoners. After a nail biting finish, Vetri gets his pardon order just a few days before the deadline to submit his college application. He applies to the college in Taramani, Chennai and in Tiruchy and accepts admission in the Chennai college.

SN informs Padma and Periamma about the newsletter and how Vetri has gotten his pardon. They are very happy that Vetri is proving that he is a good man and that Abi did not put her trust in a wrong man. Then, they show all the letters written to Abi by Vetri. SN also asks them to wait for Vetri to be released and as Abi is in her IAS training, they dont want her to be disturbed.

On the day Vetri is released, he collects his things and kisses Abi's photo that has stuck to his purse. He finds Poongavanam, Kalai, Nandhini and his gang waiting for him. Everyone has a teary reunion.

Vetri is hesitant to go to his home and wants to go and visit SN first. Poongavanam tells him to come to his place, clean up, wear fresh clothes, eat and then visit either of the houses. They all reach Kanchipuram and Kalai and Nandhini go ahead to their place to inform the family. Vetri goes to SN's house and Surya tries to stop him at the entrance. SN allows him entry. Vetri goes in and looks around for Abi, though he knows that she wont be around. He says sorry to SN openly for his betrayal in the court.

SN: Dei! Enda ippadi pannina? Ennai viduda! En ponnai kai vittiyeda? Appadi yaaruda unakku en ponnaiyum ava vayathula valara kuzhanthaiyum vida mukkiyam! Enda, Abi unnai evlo nambina? Neeye kolai panninen sonnappo, irukkathunnu nambinale da! Ava nambikkaiyai ippadi kothari pottutiyeda padu paavi! Unnai nambunathai thavira vera enna thappu panninada? Entha moonjiya vechukittu inga vantha?

V: Sir! Naan abikku panna drogathukku enakku mannippe kidaiyathu than! Analum mannippu kettu than aganum. Athukku than vanthen. Neenga ennai mannikkalainnalum sari than Sir. Analum oru naal neenga ennai nallavannu othukkara kaalam varumnu enakku nambikkai irukku Sir. Athu mattum illai, Abi eppadi irukka, nalla irukkala, paappa eppadi irukkannu kekkanumnu vanthen Sir. Neenga ippo sollalainnalum paravayillai! Ana, naan Abiyayum, pappavayum our naal kandipa pappen Sir. Ava kitta nerla mannippu keppen. Ava ennai sethukkalainnalum ava than en pondatti eppavume.

Sur: Dei! Avalukku pappa irukkannu unakku eppadi da theriyum? Ava kozhanthai azhichuttannu naan solren da!

V: (gets angry but controls himself) Machan! Abi appadi pannave maatta! Athu ungalukkum theriyum enakkum theriyum. Athanala unga thangaiyai neengale thappa sollatheenga! Naan munnadi iruntha Vetriya iruntha ithanai neram ithai sonnathukku unga kazhuthula kai vechiruppen. Ana, en Abikkagavum, en paappavukkagavum, kovathai control panna kathukkittu irukken. Athukkaga summa ennai seendi paakkatheenga! Athai, Amma, Akka - naan kilambaren.