-𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐛-

|Soft And Wet|

"And so do you..."

"Alright, the bishop can only move diagonally, so only on these white squares here and...here" You said, playing chess.

You decided to teach Ana some of the simpler joys in life, you two had been getting along increasingly well.

"Like...like this?" Ana said, moving the bishop to your queen, unknowingly checkmating you.

"Yeah and then I can...well I can loose" I chuckle. "You win...a-again"

Ana smiled up at you, slightly blushing as you gave a small applause to her victory. Hughie finally returned from wherever he was.

"She wants to know where you were" Frenchie asked after Kimiko gave him a brief glance.

"That's a compelling fucking question" Butcher said spitefully.

"Hey, can we talk?" Hughie asked, walking up to Butcher.

"That's what we're doing innit?" Butcher asked, eating his food.

"No...I mean-" Hughie tried to protest, but Butcher went in again.

"There aint no secrets here son, spit it out" Butcher smirked.

"Stop being an asshole, just talk to the guy" MM looked at the two, not wanting another argument.

"Hughie doesn't mind...do you Hughie?" Butcher looked to Hughie with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Okay fine...I don't think I can do this anymore" Hughie said, making everyone turn their focus.

"Do what?" Butcher asked, getting up from the table.

"This...I mean Vought, whatever with Kimiko and Ana you gotta stop it just...just not with me" Hughie complained.

"Right, you just wanna kick back, drink a few Mai Tais and let us do all the work is that right?" Butcher chuckled.

"You know, I managed to go through my whole life without seeing someone die horribly and now I'm up to about a dozen" Hughie argued. "So I think I'm good"

"Please" Butcher scoffed. "You're a fucking killer Hughie, just like the rest of us"

Ana looked to you, as if to ask if she's a killer, you looked back to her, unable to give a definitive answer.

"So why don't you stop pissing about and tell everyone what this is really about" Butcher ordered Hughie.

"Alright...Annie" Hughie said, changing the mood of the room slightly.

Butcher started to slowly clap, his face scanning around the room, laughing internally to himself.

"Fucking finally..." Butcher growled. "He's been sneaking off to give her one at the Lincoln Grand"

"You've been following me?" Hughie asked, slightly offended.

"Like you gave me a choice" Butcher argued.

"She doesn't know anything okay, I'm not gonna tell her, we'll just-" Hughie continued to argue.

The argument was soon drowned out after Ana put her hand on yours, as you saw her face, it was like she was scared of them.

You locked eyes with her, as you properly held your hand, the girl shifting closer to you as she put her head on your shoulder.

"Dad are you okay?" Hughie asked on the phone, making you two look back to him.