Childhood || 9

((A/N: I would appreciate if the people reading could follow cause I work really hard on these chapters- ok thanks, also I keep getting logged out of Wattpad-))

Ballisters POV

<———x———>

I smiled at his reply, "you sure? Cause last time you ended up wasted" I giggled my hand rubbing circles into his chest, he blushed a bit. Damn he was cute. He smiled simply "oh trust me I'll be fine now, I'm better at handling drinks" he said obviously lying through his teeth, I didn't care though. "That's doubtful" I said pulling him closer. "Hm? And why is that, I'm a very believable person" he whispers in my ear. I felt butterflies in my stomach, my face felt hot. Was he flirting with me? Cause if he was it felt really good. I realized how close we were from each others faces and I wanted to back away but something told me I shouldn't. He looked into my eyes making me feel nervous and flustered. My phone was on the chair I was originally sitting on, I got a call and thank gloreth it did cause now I had an excuse to back away. I pulled away sort of dissatisfied.

I picked up my phone and answered.

"Ballister? where are you?" I heard Diego speak. I sighed and cleared my throat taking a few steps away from Ambrosius. "I'm so sorry I forgot to text you, I can't make it... do you think we can reschedule?" I said nervously hoping he wasn't upset. I heard him take a deep breath "sure! Do you wanna try again next  err.. how about Friday?" He spoke. I nodded and sighed in relief  "yes please." I said smiling. "Alright! Text you later!" He said before hanging up.

I turned to Ambrosius who seemed like he was slightly disappointed that I pulled away. "Alright, I'll get my mom to pick us up before her and my dad go out tonight, okay?" I spoke happily. He nodded "alright!"

<——-x——->

When we made it home, Ambrosius seemed a bit more on edge than normal but I just dismissed it. My mom and dad left and now it was just me and golden boy, I looked at him. "So, how shall we get the night started?" I ask. He hesitates as if he didn't hear me, "well we could watch a movie for example, and if your wondering what movie, I'm thinking... 'call boy'? " Ambrosius replied. I thought about it.... Call boy was a pretty good movie. "Sure, you go put it on and I'll go get the champagne" I said. I walked away sighing, I walked to my parents room and looked through their closet poking  around for some champagne or booze of some type. I found a chain of some sort and pulled it out, it was some sort of kinky contraption and I wanted nothing to do with it. I pulled out a bottle of cherry champagne and strawberry vodka.

"Thank you mom and dad" I say smirking. I walked to the kitchen and reached into the cabinets pulling out two wine glasses, I walked to the fridge and pulled out  a sprite and a jar of cherries. I heard Ambrosius putting on he movie as I poured the champagne into one of the glasses then the second, the same amount. I poured four tablespoons of vodka and then a splash of sprite. I yawned before adding cherries onto the side of the glass. "The movies on!" He called. I sighed and grabbed the drinks hoping tonight would go right. "Coming!" I said before walking back to my room. "So, wanna write poems about eachother? I mean I know it's super corny bu-" "I'd love to, Bal" Ambrosius interrupted me quickly. I smiled.

I sat down and handed him a drink. He took a sip and his face scrunched, "ugh I forgot how bad alcohol tastes" he said laughing. I smiled, despite his obvious desperation... he was very cute. "Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to taste like sugar" I say with my fake stereotypical British accent even though I'm already British-Pakistan. "Ok, go eat your tea and crumpets then" he replied in his own stereotypical British accent. I gasped dramatically, "I cannot believe you actually think I have tea and crumpets" I say. He just smiles and looks into my eyes. "They must be locked away" he said crossing his arms before taking a sip of his drink. I laughed and reached into my school bag, I pulled out two pieces of poetry paper and two fountain pens. "Oh god you know I hate fountain pens, they keep exploding on me" he said. "Deal with it princess" I retorted with a grin curling from my lips. He gave me a dramatic offended look.

"Being a part of the royal family is a blessing actually" he says pushing his hair out of his face. I giggled, skimming my fingers along the edges of the paper. For some odd reason my pen smelled extremely acrid. I replaced it with a different fountain pen that didn't smell like someone had died. "You sound like the biggest nerd in the institute" I tease. He smiles softly and says "well I'm sure as hell smarter than you". I nod and shrug "that is true". He started to write and I wrote about him. I studied his personality in my head and then soon enough finished my poem. "You may be smarter, but I'm faster" I reply. He laughed and smudged his pen on accident. "That's not an accomplishment, trust me bal" He reply's obviously.

I chuckle and slid my poem over to him, and gave him an expecting glance. "I'm done. Slowpoke." I say proving my point from a few moments ago. He smiles and slides his poem over to me after he finished quickly. I grabbed his and started reading the fine lines of what Ambrosius had written, the way he worded things on the paper made me smile. He talked about how I was beautiful in his eyes and that he wouldn't trade me for anything which did indeed make me smile. He was so corny when it came to poems. I looked up at him and he was reading what I wrote.

He smiled. I felt myself blush hard as he slid it back over to me and I kept his. "Thank you bal, you're very sweet" he replied to my poem. I nodded and put my hand ontop of his. "You are too." I said taking a sip of my drink, I scrunched my eyes shut and gagged. "Alcohol tastes horrible!". He laughed and smiles happily, Ambrosius puts the poems aside and takes my drink from me and puts it beside him, he takes both on my hands and rubs the back of them with his thumb gently, he pulls me close so now we're chest to chest. It made me feel sweet inside. But why was he doing this? I appreciated it but it felt so fluttery. When I was with him he made me feel warm and relaxed, but that's just how friends feel around eachother or so that's what I've been told, and recently sure, I've felt warm and relaxed around him but it was more passionate.

He pushed my hair out of my face, I put a hand on his chest and the other on his waist. "Ambrosius what are you doing..." I say almost gasping when he hesitantly grabs me by the waist. My breathing was unsteady, this moment with him made me feel light headed. He put a finger over my lips before slowly wiping some champagne off of my chin. "There! See? I was just trying to help." He said smirking, he was still holding me. Why would he get so close just to wipe something off of my chin, and knowing him, he was still holding me because he knew how much him just touching me made me feel light headed. This is something friends do right?

I pushed him away playfully "You scared me!" I replied blushing a bit. He chuckles and takes a sip of his drink. "Yeah well you love me." he comments. I thought about it do I? I mean I've never seen nor heard about friends doing what we do, but Ambrosius has never really flirted with me considering well.. we are teenagers. But still I've never seen Todd and his friends do stuff like this, though then again I'm not friends with Todd so I wouldn't really know. I sighed and replied to his comment with "You wish, golden boy."