Deceived

On October 1st, 1989, 43 children were born to 43 women who had not been pregnant at the start of that day.

But (Y/N) (Y/L/N) was not one of them.

(Y/N) was born one day later, to a young woman who dealt in drugs and was criminally charged two weeks after her daughter's birth. The father was an average guy who fell in love with a bad woman. He left his daughter at his closest friend's house.

The man in question was named Manuel, and was dating a woman named Elena.

Elena was one of the 43 women.

She gave birth to a son that would later be known as Diego.

And so Manuel and Elena were stuck with two infants they didn't want.

A day before they were going to give them both up for adoption, a billionaire called Sir Reginald Hargreeves showed up on their doorstep with a checkbook and pen in hand. He extended the same offer he did with the other 6 women, and they agreed, but on one condition: 

He had to take (Y/N) too.

And so he did. 

Reginald raised her separately from her 7 other siblings, using her as an experimental factor. He studied the other children in their sleep and took DNA samples from them. He noticed how their brain waves were different from normal children, especially in sleep. When (Y/N) turned eight years old, he took the serum he had concocted by recreating the DNA samples from the other children and injected it into the sleeping girl with Pogo and Grace's help. The monkey seemed to regret his actions, but Reginald did not. He utilized Allison, forcing the poor child to wipe (Y/N)'s memories and replace them with memories of a cold park bench in New York City. To confuse her further, he instructed Allison to bury deeper memories of two loving parents and a little sibling.

Allison obeyed hesitantly, unsure of who the unfamiliar new girl was. 

To finalize his plan, the cruel billionaire forged a check stub for $1,000 between him and (Y/N)'s true mother, just in Allison ever spilled the truth to her sister. A final backup plan, so that she didn't go digging for the truth. 

She couldn't learn that her powers were fabricated. 

The final part he used to create the serum, which was unbeknownst to Pogo, he based off of his discoveries at Hotel Obsidian. He connected her to the doorway to the opposite world on purpose, well aware that she could save them all in the future.

He finally introduced (Y/N) to the group as Number Eight. He gave her the same tattoo as the others, allowed her to mingle with them just enough...

And he attempted to torture her into revealing her powers. But he knew it wouldn't work. Her powers were most directly related to Vanya's and Five's, so until Vanya was able to use her power once more, Eight wouldn't be able to either.

Truly, he just wanted to give her a fear. Fire. 

However, what he didn't anticipate was Five time traveling. Since Eight's powers were based off of Five's so heavily, his vanishing from that time period knocked her into a coma.

However, this allowed Reginald to experiment some more. He fiddled with her brain waves, attaching machines to her head, and genetically engineered her an extra power. The ability to see anyone she knew at any time. However, she had to have his monocle. That way, she couldn't utilize her power without him.

After all, he only gave her that power for his own uses, to spy on the siblings when they grew older.

When Vanya released her powers on her brothers at her violin recital, Eight finally realized she could use her powers. But they were genetically engineered, and unpracticed, and Vanya nearly killed her.

The rest I'm sure you know. 

She was so directly related to the kugelblitz, since it was quite literally in her blood, so killing her killed the kugelblitz. But Reginald didn't want people to know just how attached the two were. So that fateful night in the Buffalo Suite, he made a deal with Allison. When (Y/N) died - because she would - Allison must pretend to press the button so that it seemed like the button itself brought the alternate universe to life instead of Eight.

In return, he would return Ray and Claire to her in the new universe.

But she bargained some more, out of love for her only sister. He eventually agreed, although it made his plans more difficult. So Allison helped him enact his plan, and everything went just as he wanted.

The moment (Y/N) took her last breath, a new world was born.

...

As Five glared up at the Hargreeves building with red-rimmed eyes, you opened your own. You relaxed for a moment, drowning in the comfortable silk sheets - and then you sat bolt upright, eyes going wide and your breath catching in your throat. 

You looked around nervously, quickly moving to stand next to the clean white bed you had been lying in. The room was small and neat, with tall ceilings, white walls, and brown carpeted floors. In the corner sat a small desk, and a tiny window across from the bed was hidden behind flowy white curtains.

You rushed to the window, peering out and instantly panicking when you realized you were in an apartment at least three stories high. It was dark and gloomy outside, dead silent, and... where were your siblings?

Your final memories flooded back in a burst, and you covered your mouth to hold back a sob when you remembered Five's ashen face and missing arm. You hurried to the door, stepping out into a small hallway and looking around wildly.

"Five?" you called, beginning to panic. "Five?!"

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

You jerked around, stumbling back against the wall when you spotted an unfamiliar woman approaching you from what appeared to be the apartment's kitchen. 

No... not so unfamiliar.

Behind her appeared a not so unfamiliar man.

"Everything okay, (Y/N)?" he asked, stepping closer. 

Allison's implanted memories returned to you slowly - you'd forced them down. Two loving parents and a little sibling. Something fake, something you'd never had and never would have. But now they were in front of you.

"You'll thank me later."

Shit. What the hell had Allison done?

A/N: 

And we're finally done! I hope you enjoyed the plot twist - I loved writing it. I'm planning on writing the first chapter of book four within the first month of season four coming out, so get ready! I'm also planning on writing a bonus chapter or two in the time in between, so keep an eye out for that as well.

Thank you to everyone who decided to read to the end! Love y'all!