A surprised and hurt expression was written all over her face, but as if she realized that, she put a smile on her face and switched subjects.

So many little things like that happened ever since he walked out of my room that one day after I stupidly messed everything up.

And now, I would be leaving Brazil after spending a month or so alone to deal with my problems and return with a less heavy heart, to head to Milton Keynes– my new home.

Truth be told, I wasn't one inch ready to face Max. But I was going to keep Violet's advice at heart, and keep my expectations low and be neutral for starters.

So, here I was, at the Redbull Racing Headquarters. And I had to say, it was quite different than the Mercedes' Headquarters but I liked it.

I felt like a child going to my first day of school. Not knowing where the hell to go, I was startled by someone tapping on my shoulders. I turned around to see who it was, my heart beating faster and louder than usual as I anticipated who it was...

My heart immediately slowed down when I found it was Franz Tost who tapped on my shoulder and not a certain Verstappen.

"Welcome to Redbull, Garcia." He offered me a smile. "Blue looks good on you." He pointed at my Redbull Racing shirt.

I smiled back at him, "Thank you, I'm happy to be here."

"You seem lost, you're here to meet with Christian first, right?" He asked and I nodded in response. Without another word spoken, he guided me to Christian Horner's office.

Once I was right in front of his door, I put my hand up, ready to knock before I heard laughter coming from inside. My heart skipped a beat when I realized that one of the laughs belonged to Max.

"C'mon, there's nothing to be scared of." Franz's voice brought me back to reality and in a split second, he decided to take matters into his own hands and abruptly opened the door for me.

Silence replaced the previous fits of laughter and Max and I's eyes grabbed ahold of each other from opposite sides of the room. We couldn't rip our eyes apart from each other until Christian greeted my with a hug and out of the corner of my eye I could see Max lowering his head and staring at the ground.

"Ah, Elyse, I'm thrilled you could make it." Christian expressed his gratitude. "How was your Christmas? I heard you were in Brazil, was Lewis or Carlos with you?"

I maintained a kind smile on my face, "Uh, no. I– uh, actually spent it alone."

I could see Max lift his head for a moment when the words 'alone' left my mouth but he quickly looked back on the ground.

"Why? Christmas is all about spending time with your loved ones."

"Yeah, I know. But, I kind of spent this Christmas focusing on myself." Honesty, honesty, honesty. It killed me to be honest, the words 'focusing on myself' felt pathetic coming out of mouth and I wanted to die right there and then. But it was as if I had Violet's words repeating in my head like a radio or else I would've run out the place a long time ago.

"Well, that's great news. I'm proud of you." Christian patted me on the back, "And congrats on your documentary, it's truly amazing and the world finally knows the real you."

malicious | max verstappenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें