chapter ~ 8

Wedding bells started in Raizada and Gupta House already.

Raizada House

It's Shagun day.

Everyone in the family was so happy to meet Khushi and make Khushi their daughter-in-law. Anjali, Nani, Mamiji, Mamaji, Shyam, Payal, and Aakash was going to perform Shagun in Khushi's house.. Arnav went to the office and he couldn't attend this ritual due to ritual customs. Anjali arranged all the gifts and accessories and they started for Gupta House.

Gupta House

Buaji works like a super-fast train, arranging things properly and cross-checking everything. She is preparing tea and serving some sweets and snacks on plates quickly because she is running out of time. On the other hand, Khushi wore a beautiful Red Saree. She looked absolutely Gorgeous. She opened her hair which made her look even more pretty. Applying a nude shade of lip gloss and adorning Kajal that made her hazel eyes look more mide and attractive, she was all ready for Shagun.

Raizada's arrived in no time and Buaji welcomed them and made them sit. Buaji greeted all the family members.

Khushi who is in the Kitchen fidgeting with the end of her saree pallu is very much nervous.

"Khushi Bitiya!" Buaji calls Khushi to come.

Khushi taking a deep breath, took the tray of tea and snacks that Buaji arranged earlier, hoping she wouldn't trip. She slowly walked towards the hall and gave Raizadas a plain smile along with the tea and snacks and sat on the chair which was facing towards them.

Nani introduces the Raizada family to Khushi and Khushi keeps saying greeting everyone with a smile. Anjali came forward and kept a tikka on Khushi's forehead and gave a Saree to Khushi.

Naniji followed after Anjali was done and gave her a piece of beautiful jewelry. Mamiji gave Saree and Payal gave pretty bangles to Khushi.

Later, Pandit ji joins and announces the engagement and marriage dates. Only one week left for Marriage and the engagement will be three days later. Pandit ji gave his blessings to Khushi and made his way out from there. Nani compliments Khushi's beauty and others too can't stop themselves from complimenting her, they talk to Khush for some time and let her know they are eagerly waiting for her which makes her extremely happy and shy. After some time Raizada bids bye to Buaji and Khushi and leaves from there.

Raizada House

Arnav came to the house around 7:00 from the office. "Hari Prakash, make some hot black coffee for me."

Instructing, he went to his room. Keeping his bag on the recliner, he went for a shower.

He came back to the hall wearing his night casuals and Hari Prakash gave coffee to him. Arnav while drinking his coffee kept scrolling through his phone.

Later, in his room, Anjali came and sat beside Arnav and started saying, "Chotte, you know today Khushi was looking so beautiful and gorgeous. Wait, let me show you," she took her phone and showed the Shagun photos to Arnav.

Arnav whose attention was on his phone till now looked at Khushi stunned. Khushi, who was in his favorite color Red Saree, looked out of the world. He didn't even blink his eyes as he saw this beauty. He was totally lost and then he came back to his senses when Anjali moved her hand to divert him and he felt so embarrassed to see drool over Khushi in front of Anjali and it also made him shy.

Anjali started pulling his leg, "This beautiful Khushi will forever be yours, Chotte. It's just a matter of just one week, then you can see her 24/7 all day and night," she added looking at him clutching her phone and said, "for now you please leave my phone"

Arnav didn't say anything. What to answer even if he wanted to, he was not like this before any time.

Anjali also decides to inform, "Engagement will be 3 days and for Marriage one week is left."

Arnav said, "Aren't you guys rushing?!"

Anjali smiles, "Because we can't wait to get Khushi as our daughter-in-law. So, obviously, we have to rush. By the way, you have to thank us for keeping this much early."

Noticing his frown, she teases again, "The way you are looking at Khushi speaks everything that you can't say."

Arnav smiles annoyingly.

Anjali left Arnav's room saying good night. Arnav closes the door behind him immediately and smiles leaning to the door and whispers, "Only one week to go..."

And he sleeps with a happy face.

*Here it is part 3 of The Light Of My Life. Pardon me for any mistakes I made. Thank you!*

*Regards,*
*Mrs. Asr*