Chapter ~ 2

Shantivan, Raizada Mansion

Anjali returns from the temple to her house. She went to her room and thought about Khushi. When she was lost in her thoughts, she was interrupted by Hello hii byee byee Mamiji.

"Anjali bitiya, When did you comes?" Manorama asked.

Anjali, coming out of her thoughts, replied, "Abhi thodi der pehle, Mamiji."

(Just a while before, Mami)

Manorama nodded her head and asked, "Waha Pujan toh theek thak hua na?"

(Puja was fine, right?)

Anjali replied, "Haan, Mamiji, sab theek hua," she smiled and continued, "Hum ek ladki se Mili hai aaj."

(Yes, Mami, everything was fine! I met one girl.)

Mami curiously asked, "Koun? Kaha ki ladki?"

(Who? Which girl?)

Anjali then, taking on the pique, narrated the story that had happened in the temple, "Uska naam Khushi hai, Mamiji. Bahut sundar aur Sanskari ladki. Ek dam aaj kal ladkiyoan se alag. Hum soch rahe Mamiji ki humare chotte ke liye Aeise ladki Mili toh kitna accha hota."

(Her name is Khushi, Mami. Very beautiful and cultural girl. Very different from today's generation's girls. I was thinking, a girl like her would be best for our Chotte.)

Mami said, "Haan, bitiya, baath toh bilkul sahi keh rahe ho par yeh tab hoga jab Arnav Bitwa apne bachelorwa ko byee byee karke shaadi ke liye hello hi Kare."

(Yes, Anjali, you are right but it will only when Arnav will say bye-bye to Bachelor and hello hi to marriage.)

The duo's conversation broke when Nani told them to have lunch.

Gupta House

Buaji and Khushi reached home already and had their lunch.

Buaji slowly started the conversation but hesitantly, "Titaliya, Hum soch rahe ki tumhare liye Rista dundna shuru kar diya jaaye."

(Titliya, I was thinking of starting a groom-hunting for you.)

Khushi, who stuffed her mouth with food, popped her eyes wide.

She filled a glass of water and drank in one go and said, "Kyaa? Buaji yeh Aap kya keh rahi ho?"

(What? Buaji, what are you saying?)

Buaji said, "Haan, Sanka Devi. Hum Bilkul sahi keh rahe hai. Tumko abhi shaadi kardiya jaaye."

(Yes, Sanka Devi. I am saying it right. You must get married soon.)

Khushi replied, denying, "Nahi, Buaji. Hum ab shaadi nahi karenge. Nahi matlab Nahi."

(No, Buaji. I won't marry. No means No.)

Buaji sighed and said, "Dekho, Titaliya, aaj nahi toh kal tumhari shaadi ho jayega. Ab sahi waqt hai, Khushi. Tumhara Padai bhi hogaya aur tum job bhi kar rahi ho. Ab koi pareshani nahi hai. Padoansiya wale log puch rahe ki Apni batiji ki shaadi kab kar rahe ho. Ab main woh log Kehne se nahi main bhi iske bare mein soch liya. Titaliya, maan jao shaadi ke liye."

(Look, Titaliya, you will be married tomorrow if not today. Now is the right time, Khushi. You have finished your studies and now have a job. There's no need to worry. Neighbours are asking when I will get you married. I am not getting you because they said so, I thought about it deeply. Titaliya, agree to the marriage.)

Khushi's eyes filled with water and immediately, she hugged Buaji and cried.

Buaji caressed her head and said, "Buaji tumhare liye accha ladka he layegi jo tumhe maharani ke tarah dekhega. Bharosa rakh mujhpe, Khushi."

(Your Buaji will get a good man for you who will look after you like you're his Queen. Trust me, Khushi.)

Khushi replied, "Theek hai, Buaji. Hum taiyaar hai."

(Okay, Buaji. I am ready.)

Buaji smiles and kisses Khushi's forehead.

Shantivan, Raizada Mansion

At night, Arnav and Aakash returned from the office and went to their respective rooms.

Arnav came to his room and switched on the lights. He kept his bag on the bed, loosened his tie, and went to Freshen up. After completing it, he came down to have lunch where all family members were already present.

He went and sat near his diii and asked, "Jijaji kaha hai, dii?"

(Where's bro-in-law?)

She replied with a smile, "He will be here in an hour."

Arnav smiles at her reply and starts his dinner.

Everyone is having the food silently.

This silence was broken by Nani who said, "Chotte, aur kitne din Aeise akele rahoge? Ab Dekho Aakash ka bhi shaadi ho gaya. Tum kab karoge? Hum tumhare bhi shaadi dekhna chahte hai."

(Chotte, how many more days will you stay alone? Aakash is married too. When will you get married? I want to see you getting married too.)

Arnav replied, "Nani, Aap Phir Se shaadi ke baremein baath kyu kar rahi ho? Maine kaha na mujhe abhi shaadi nahi karna hai baat samjho meri."

(Nani, why are you talking about my marriage again? I told you, right, I don't want to marry. Try to understand me.)

Nani didn't budge and said, "Maine Socha aapne chotte ka shaadi bhi dekhe. Kab mujhe bagwan bulaiga yeh baath ka Pata nahi. Yehi kwahish hai mera tumhare shaadi dekhna."

(I thought I would watch you getting married. I don't know when I will be called by the heavens up. I have only one wish to see you married.)

Arnav breathed a sigh, and replied, "Nani, Aap hamesha aeise baathein kyu karti Ho. Aapko kuch nahi hoga. Rahi yeh baat mere shaadi se hai toh main taiyaar hu shaadi ke liye. Aap jis ladki ko pasand Karti ho, usi se shaadi karunga. Ab aap aeise baathein mat Kaho."

(Nani, why do you talk like that every time? Nothing will happen to you. If it is about my marriage, fine, I will get married to whoever you like. Don't talk like that now.)

Arnav leaves from there and leaves the people stunned. Anjali and Nani hugged each other in happiness.

*Here it is part 2 of The Light Of My Life. Pardon me for any mistakes I made. Thank you!*

*Regards,*
*Mrs. Asr*