chapter 3

Gupta House

Morning, Buaji meets Panditji and tells him about Khushi's marriage. Pandit ji started saying,  "Madhumati Ji, Aap nischinth rahiye hum acche se Rishta laate hain tumhare bhatiji ke liye".

(Madhumathi Ji, don't worry. I'll bring a good match for your niece)

Buaji smiled at his words and gave some photos of Khushi. Pandit took photos and Buaji left from there.

Raizada House

On the other hand, Nani is on cloud nine knowing that Arnav is ready for Marriage. She calls the same Panditji — the one Madhumathi met at home.

Nani tells him that she wants a Bride for Arnav. Panditji replies, "If you want a perfect wife for your grandson, I have just now met one lady who wants her Niece to get married."

Nani replied eagerly, " Yeh toh bahut achi baat hai, Panditji".

Pandit Ji showed photos of Khushi. Nani calls Anjali and Manorama both come and Nani shows Khushi's photos to them.

(This is a very good thing pandit ji)

Nani said, "Kitna pyaari haina yeh ladki, ek dam sundar. Haina, Anjali bitiya?)

(This girl is so sweet and beautiful, right, Anjali?)

Anjali sees the photo and becomes happy.

Anjali said, "Mami, Maine Kal ek ladki ke baare mein baath kiya na, vo jo Mandir Mein Mili. Woh Yehi ladki hai."

(Mami, I talked about a girl yesterday whom I met in the temple, remember? She is the same girl.)

Nani's curiosity asked, "Yeh ladki Tumhe Mandir mein mili?"

(Did you meet this girl in the temple?)

"Haan, Nani, maine khushi se kal Mandir mein mili hu. Bahut acchi ladki hai aur Sanskari ladki bhi hai."

Anjali widens her smile describing her.

(Yes, Nani, I met Khushi in the temple yesterday. She is a very nice girl and a cultured girl too.)

Nani nods, "Yeh toh chamatkar ho gaya bitiya. Tum batao usne kuch bataya ki woh kaha rehti hai?"

(It's such a wonder, Anjali. You tell me, did she say anything about where she lives?)

Anjali remembering the conversation in Temple replied, "Haan, Nani, woh aapni Buaji ke saath Lakshmi nagar Mei rehti hai)

(Yes, Nani, she lives with her aunt in Lakshmi Nagar.)

Nani nods her head and says to Pandit Ji, "Pandit ji hum yeh rishta se Milna chahte hai. Aap Zara usey bataye ki hum Kal aa rahe hai unke ghar."

(Pandit ji, we want to meet this relation. Please tell her that we are coming to their house tomorrow.)

Pandit ji replies, nodding, "Theek hai, Devyani ji. Hum Abhi usey batate hai. Filhal mujhe jana padega. Main chalta hu."

(Okay, Devyani ji, I will tell her for sure. For now, I have to go. I am leaving.)

Nani, Anjali, and Manorama smiled and the Pandit left from there.

Gupta House

After a while, Buaji gets a call from Pandit. He then talks about the Raizada family and their wish to see Khushi tomorrow. Buaji was happy and replied, "Haay Re Nandkishor, yeh toh bahut Achi baat bole Ho, Pandit ji. Aap keh dena kal zaroor Khushi ko dekhne aaye)

(Haay re Nandkishore, this is a very good thing, Pandit ji. You tell them to come tomorrow to see Khushi.)

Pandit Ji replies, "Okay" and cuts the call and immediately, he calls to Raizada House and says about Gupta's opinion.

Evening, Delhi road

It was 6 in the evening and rain was pouring from the clouds. It was just cold bliss. Arnav was struck in the traffic and then he saw some unknown girl who wore a white anarkali playing in the rain with kids enjoying every bit of rain. She was drenched from top to bottom.

Rainwater gave it a glassy look. Her hair was stuck to her face and neck. Arnav admired her from the car and he got an unknown feeling seeing her. Her hazel eyes, her well-shaped lips, her long hair, and everything about her were just so perfect that he just couldn't take his eyes off her.

But the traffic signal turned green when he was about to get out of the car. He drove the car and parked aside to see her. Unfortunately, the girl was nowhere to be found in that place anymore.

Arnav disappointedly went to his house. He reached his house where his Di was sitting in the hall waiting for him.

As soon as he came, Anjali informed him, "Tomorrow, we are going to see your first match. Be ready, Chotte."

Arnav then said, "Maine Abhi Abhi shaadi ke liye haan kaha tum logon ne toh dundna bhi shuru kardiya?"

(I just said yes to marriage and you all started searching for the girl already?)

Anjali replied, "Haan, Chotte. Nani tumhe bahut Jaldi shaadi shuda dekhna chahti hai. And I guarantee that you will like this girl."

(Yes, Chote. Nani wants to see you married very soon.)

Arnav said with no expression, "Dekhte hai kya hota."

(let's see what happens)

Arnav went to his room and got a hot shower which was badly needed for him. He went downstairs, had his dinner, came back to his room, and lay on his bed, lost in thoughts of that girl in the rain. He doesn't know if he will ever meet that girl again or not. With countless thoughts and new feelings, he slept.

*Here it is part 3 of The Light Of My Life. Pardon me for any mistakes I made. Thank you!*

*Regards,*
*Mrs. Asr*

 The Light of My Life On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara