Chapter 4 Hard Decision

Third person pov

At the Kurosaki residence, Arma explained about the Shinigami eyes that are capable of seeing someone's lifespan and their name. But at the cast of the one who holds the Death Note half their own lifespan.

Hayato: So paying half your life for your kind of eyes. Gotta say that's really something.

Arma: Indeed it is... But that's gonna be a hard pass though.

That completely took Hayato by surprise that he never expected her to say something like that, but then again Hayato and Arma still are trying to get to know one another since she's staying with him as long as he's in possession of the Death Note.

Hayato: What, can't do it?

Arma: *giggles* Oh believe me I can, but I doubt you would take that offer.

Hayato: *sighs* Got that right, I plan to live as long as I can and I'm pretty sure Light isn't going to do the deal as well. Especially since he wants to play "God".

Arma: So you'll let Light handle them.

Hayato: Pretty much.

Hayato then got up from his seat and went to his bed and layed down and was staring at this ceiling, he was just thinking of what was going on. Many criminals were dying one by one and it was going to continue till Light is satisfied,

Hayato: You know Arma there's one thing he's blind about.

Arma: And that would be?

Hayato: He may think he controls life and death all together, control is an illusion. He is bound by the very rules he seeks to bend. Not to mention his actions will have consequences.

Arma: It'll catch up to him eventually, but one thing you need to ask yourself Hayato... In order for you to beat Light, how far will you go to get it to achieve it?

Hayato: ...

Hayato was now lost in thought about Arma's question. There's far and there's too far, for him he knows when it's enough or when something is out of control. You do whatever it takes to get something done, Hayato knows that Light is serious about changing the world in his own image, creating a world with no crime. But even still crime never stops, no matter how much you get rid of it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Crime never dies.

Timeskip

December 19

The next day at Police HQ, everyone was working on the case and was still getting calls about criminals dying from heart attacks. Soichiro hears the phone ringing from one of the officers that was going through the deaths of the criminals, he answers the phone.