Chapter 7

This is crazy.

Suguru wasn’t able to get an ounce of sleep while Satoru was peacefully resting beside him. He had the fucking audacity to sleep peacefully after stealing a kiss from Suguru. Wait– was it still considered a stolen one if Suguru had eventually leaned into it?

Yes, goddammit. Suguru leaned into the kiss, and they even made out in the fucking seashore first thing at midnight of the new year. They wouldn’t have stopped if it weren’t for Suguru's cousins, who were searching for them because they suddenly disappeared from everyone’s sight after the feast. Suguru was a little confused about why he did it, why did he return the kiss, or why he didn’t hate it at all. So, does that make him gay?

One thing is for sure though, the kiss confirmed the thing that was messing around his head. Suguru is certain that he likes Satoru romantically, regardless of whether Satoru is a man or if Suguru still has feelings for Yuki. Oh, fuck. Headaches.

Suguru likes Satoru. He doesn’t know if Satoru feels the same way, as they were interrupted earlier before they were able to voice it out. He doesn’t want to assume too just because Satoru initiated a kiss, because what the fuck? How would you even interpret that? A lot of unanswered questions weigh heavily on Suguru, fueling his need for answers. What was the meaning of that kiss? Satoru is gay too? Suguru has never searched for or asked Satoru about his past relationships since Satoru had never brought it up in the first place, so Suguru has no idea whether Satoru is gay or has ever dated anyone before. But why would Satoru kiss him out of nowhere? What are they?

Satoru is a grown adult, he has the right to think for himself despite being a cocky bastard. He wouldn’t easily do things that could affect his relationship with Suguru, right? And also his career. Fuck! Suguru almost forgot about the most important. What will people say especially Satoru’s fans, if they find out that Satoru kissed a man!? And that man in question likes the way Satoru kissed him. This could seriously harm his future in the entertainment industry. His fans are absolutely going to get mad about it. They’ll hate him, and Satoru will be a laughingstock in the media. Noooo, shit! This can’t be.

“Morning.” Suguru was taken aback when he felt Satoru pull him in a hug closer, Suguru’s back still facing Satoru. He sinffed on Suguru’s untied hair, then his bare nape, and even kissed the back of his ear.

“M–Morning Satoru.” he greeted a little shy at Satoru’s actions. Satoru is suddenly so clingy as soon as he woke up.

“Huh?” Satoru pulled away and propped up on one elbow, he forced Suguru to face him. “You didn’t sleep.” Satoru stated, not a question.

“Hmm? How’d you know?”

“I just realized that you can’t sleep with your clothes on, which is why you were half naked yesterday and maybe why you refused to sleep in my room last month. You’re fully clothed right now, you see.”

“Oh,” Suguru checked himself, and Satoru is right. He’s wearing a comfy clothes that he changed into after coming home from the beach. Satoru actually noticed this little detail about Suguru’s sleeping method? Why would he do that?

Oh?” Satoru repeats, looking at Suguru with worry on his face. “What? Are you okay? You look tired.”

“I’m... I’m fine, don’t worry about it. And since you’re already awake, wanna go for a jog?” Suguru forced a smile. He can’t bring that up unless Satoru initiates it. Satoru might think that Suguru is reading too much into their relationship because of a fucking kiss. Friends can kiss too, right?

“Stop giving me that fake smile Suguru, I can tell the genuineness of it from miles away.” Satoru pulled him in a hug again, brushing his nose on Suguru’s cheek while sniffing it down to his neck. Suguru’s natural scent smells really nice. “What’s bothering you, hmm? Tell me, we still have time before we can go for a walk.”