Chapter 3

“And there you go.” Suguru added the finishing touch of the last cake that he made. Suguru was busy for the whole day since tomorrow is Satoru’s D-Day. Suguru went shopping early in the morning to buy the other materials he needed and busied himself in the kitchen of his bakery for the rest of the day.

The part-timers were present on their shifts to cover up for their boss, Suguru is physically present in the shop but his mind is all over the kitchen and the pastries for Satoru. Yuu and Kasumi didn’t let Suguru work with them in the counter, they know that their boss is preparing for a big event considering that it was for the Gojo Satoru.

Suguru prepared the doughs of crusty and puff breads, macaroons, and cookies for ready-to-bake tomorrow. He added mochis while finishing the three cakes for Satoru.

One round white fruit cake with lots of strawberries on top.

One rectangular sky blue cake that was inspired from Satoru’s film’s OST Ao no Sumika with cute birthday greetings (Suguru loved this film and its OST).

And one square lilac meme cake with Satoru’s 3-finger peace sign aesthetic figure with text that says I’m 26, I will stop sulking.

Staring at his work, Suguru is satisfied. The pastries he made were aesthetically pleasing and probably tastes good, of course he knows. If there’s anything that Suguru can shamelessly brag, it’s his skills in making pastries. He’s just born with this talent.

Satoru was busy for the whole day, he didn’t have time to check his phone. He has no idea that Suguru prepared this much for him. Satoru only requested one strawberry cake and he actually thought it was too much to ask. He’d rather bother Suguru than ask Suguru to make a cake for him. It’s the same thing though, since both will consume Suguru’s time.

Yuu and Kasumi helped Suguru clean the kitchen and put all the pastries to their designated storage. It was past midnight when they all finished and Suguru thanked and assured them that they will be paid for the overtime. What a thoughtful boss, are you still hiring?

***

D-Day

Satoru is already dressed, his first outfit for the night was a personalized gift from his favorite luxury brand. Hair slicked back revealing his forehead and his entire face. Satoru looked at himself in the huge mirror. Damn, he’s really gorgeous. Thank the heavens for blessing him with beauty that no one can compete. Satoru would actually marry himself if he was another person. Heh... Talk about being self-obsessed, but hey! It’s his birthday, cut him some slack.

He checked his personal phone, there are messages left and right but he only checked Shouko’s and Suguru’s texts.

Shouko: Happy birthday Gojo! See you later.

Satoru: Thanks Shouko.

Suguru: Happy birthday Satoru-sama! I wish you good health and maturity. Enjoy your day :)

Satoru: Thank you Suguruuu~ I’ll see you later. ♡
            : But what do you mean, wish me maturity?
            : I’m matured (。•́︿•̀。)

Suguru: See. You just turned 26 and the first thing you did was sulked.

Satoru: Suguru you meanie! (。ŏ﹏ŏ)
            : It’s my birthday!! (  •́  ‿ ,•̀ )

Suguru: :)

45 minutes before Satoru’s private party. The guests started arriving. Satoru only invited his celebrity friends, some of their business partners, and few relatives. About 100 people, including the hired photographers.