1. Just a Phone Call

*Ring*
*Ring*
*Ring*
*Ring*

I still need to kill whoever invented that alarm.

I thought to myself as I pressed the phone alarm, having already sat up in bed. My eyes were still closed, smacking the roof of my mouth with my tongue. Somehow, it became a routine to do it first thing in the morning, taking in the dryness of my mouth.

Usually means I become a mouth breather in my sleep, or snore. Knowing it doesn't fucking help it stop, though, does it?

I sarcastically thought to myself, as I stayed sat down a few more moments. I ruffled my hair as I threw my blanket aside and stood up. I raised my arms up high and interlocked my fingers together, stretching my body out. I let out a satisfying sigh as I felt my spine loosen up a bit.

I need a fucking massage one day, I deserve it.

With my eyes still closed, I instinctively found the door out of my bedroom, as I walked out into the hallway, if you can call it that. My house was a small one, which I didn't really mind. I was always somewhat of a minimalist, and it made it easier to navigate without having to open my eyes after waking up.

In just a few steps, I could tell I was in the bathroom. The sound of water hitting the floor of the shower always made it easy to figure it out. I turned my body to fully turn the dial, as the water soon stopped making any noise. No matter how many times Mom scolded Dad, he would always never tighten it all the way. Not that I minded, it was a good marker for the bathroom.

I turned the faucet on, turned it back, before turning it once more for the water to actually start coming out of the sink. I leaned in to drink the tap water, the dreaded dryness of my mouth quickly faded away. After turning the warm water on to wipe my face, I turned the tap off before letting out a deep sigh. Both my hands were leaning against the sink, as I let the silence of the room takeover. Eventually, I turned my face upwards as I opened my eye.

Huh.

Mom and Dad always made fun of me for how bad my morning hair could be, but to my surprise, it wasn't that all that bad today. I took a hand as I felt my cheeks, keeping my fingers together as I ran it over my skin.

Smooth. Nice.

I ran my fingers towards the bridge of my nose, as I felt the obvious feature that on it. It was long, symmetrical scar that ran across the bridge of my nose, as if it separated the top and bottom of my face. I didn't mind it all too much. If anything, I'll raise my hands and say that I thought it made me look cool.

But than I sighed again, as my fingers gently trailed towards my right eye, resting them just below the eye lid.

The one that I couldn't see out of.

I felt my body squirm, feeling sick to the stomach. Staring right into the eye that couldn't stare back was always uncomfortable, as if it taunted me, a constant sign of what I lost. The pupil was completely black, an endless hollowness that matched darkness itself. I felt my heart race, as I turned my face away towards the window right above the toilet. If the constant darkness on the right side of my vision wasn't enough of a reminder, the mirrors would always be there on cue.

Who am I kidding, I'm fucking hideous to look at.

I turned my attention back towards the mirror, opening it with haste, revealing the cabinet behind it. I reached to the top, as I grabbed an eye patch and slung it over my head, covering the entirety of the eye. I looked back at the mirror, as I took in a deep breath, held it longer, and finally exhaled. I gave myself a weak smile as I felt my heart start to slow its beating.