Chapter 20

Lorenzo Colombo

Why did I agree to this.

I can't touch her, be under her skin, or anything of that sort. I don't know why I agreed to it. It was just in the heap of the moment.

I run my hand through my hair as I lay against my bed, against the headboard with the gaming controller in my head.

I've been playing 2k with Ethan since twelve something. It's now two and I'm about to get off after I score this goal.

"Lose you big back sucker." Ethan yells out as I score the goal on the tv. He releases sighs after sighs before setting the controller down.

He turns to me with a scrunched up face before all of a sudden his big ass is on me. Literally on me.

"Suck dick." One hit on the shoulder.

"Kiss my ass." Two hits on the stomach.

"You fat face dickhead." Three hits on my head.

I laugh and push him off of me as I get up. I smooth my clothes out before sticking my middle finger at him and walking out the room.

"One I'm not gay. Two I'm not kissing nothing on you with your gay ass. And three my face is not fat and I'm not a dickhead. Dickhead."

He rolls his eyes before crossing his arms and frowning. "I was close to a basket you big troll. That was supposed to be my score."

"Oh well sucks to suck huh?" I laugh as I grab my keys off the key hook and open the house door, going to my car.

I ignore my friend in the background as he's screaming profanity after profanity at me as I get in and start the car up.

"Either shut the hell up, or get out my car and walk to Gabby's house." I look at him and finally he stops talking.

Thank the lord.

Gabrielle Morgan

Today is supposed to be my dad's birthday. He would've been forty five today at two-fifteen pm.

I get up from my bed full of pillows and blankets, yawning as I do so. I walk up to my vanity mirror and sit down, staring at myself.

Thinking.

Thinking about a lot.

Thinking about the family I once had.

Thinking about my mother leaving along with my brother.

Thinking about my dad's death.

That thought hit deep because I didn't realize I had a tear going down my cheek until I felt the wetness hit my collar bone.

I wipe the tear with my hand, then my collar bone but none of it works. More tears roll faster down my face without me knowing.

A knocking sound erupts from downstairs, making me close my eyes. I forgot Enzo was supposed to be coming by.

Shit.

I wipe all the tears from my face and stand up, fixing my messed up ponytail so I can at least be a little put together.

I make the way downstairs and to the door, looking out the peephole before opening it to welcome the coldness.