Chapter-12

Lorenzo Colombo

I'm late. I'm thirty minutes late to class because I overslept. I was finishing up some  class work and I didn't get finished until almost three am.

After my shower I throw on some brown cargos with a white tee and grey sweatshirt on top. I run my fingers through my hair before putting the brown cap on.

I put my shoes on before getting my book bag and running downstairs. The house is quiet as I go out the door and lock it behind me.

I get in my jeep and floor it out the driveway and gate before driving fast to get to the school before second period starts.

After a good fifteen minutes I'm parked in the lot. I fix my chain around my neck then spray some cologne (that I keep in my car just in case) before exiting and going up to the doors.

The coldness hits me as I walk to my locker and get my books out.

I knock on the door to the chemistry lab and once the door opens, Mrs. Montgomery gives me the cold glare she gives kids when their late to her class.

"You're late." She speaks as she gestures me in.

Well no shit I'm late. I don't realize.

I nod and go sit down at my desk that I share with a girl who I don't know the name of. I just know that we've been partners for a month now.

She hands me a paper of the NCERT solutions. I hate this stuff. That doesn't mean that I'm not good at it I just mean that I hate doing it.

I look around the lab before my eyes meet a pair of brown ones. Brown ones that I haven't seen in a month and some days.

Ethan Costello.

I shake my hands and wave back to him as he waves at me first.

I missed that little knucklehead.

•••

After chemistry is over and the teacher glaring at me every minute, I finally can go see Gabby at her locker with Ethan beside me.

"How was the vacation?" I quietly question as we walk the halls.

"Amazing. Bro I met so many chicks it's not even funny." I roll my eyes at him.

"That's nothing new." He hits my shoulder as we stop at Gabby's locker. She's looks like she's on a call so I grab his shoulder and do a little reroute until she's done.

"Bro who is that?" He looks over his shoulder as we walk to my locker down the hall.

"Gabrielle. She's a new friend I made a few weeks ago." He nods and keeps looking at her.

I don't like it. I don't know why but I don't like it.

"Eyes to yourself dickhead." I mumble as I shove my book inside the locker and close it.

He leans against the locker with squinted eyes. "You like her?" He questions.

With a tilted head and a confused face I look at him. "Now what in earths name made you think of that?"

He laughs before putting a hand on my shoulder. "Dude when I was literally looking at her, you looked like you wanted to soccer punch me."

I roll my eyes before looking back at Gabby to see her hanging up the phone and smiling wide.

I nudge him to follow me as I go toward her. As I'm behind her, I put my hands on her eyes, careful of her new lashes she got done.

"Who the hell?" She mumbles as I feel a kick to my knee. I hiss as my hands fall from her eyes and down to my knee she kicked.

"Shit motherfucker." I cry out as the pain in my knee intensifies.

"Damn women, you got some kicks!" Ethan's speaks through his loud laughs as he points to me.

I groan and punch his dick, so he can feel the pain I'm in. He groans and bends down so he is at my level.

I laugh through my own pain as I stand up right beside gabby, who has been looking at this exchange weirdly.

My arms go around her shoulders as I pull her into a hug. "Don't mind him, he's being an idiot since he just got back."

"Who is he? Never seen him around." She mumbles in my chest as her arms are wrapped around my waist.

I pull back but keep one of my arms around her shoulders. "Ethan Costello meet Gabrielle Morgan. Gabby meet Ethan Costello, the more outgoing of the two of us."

She looks at him before putting a hand out for him to shake. "Nice to meet you Ethan. So where have you been?"

She questions as we walk side by side to the cafeteria. I open the door and let them through before walking beside her.

"On vacation to Mexico for the last two weeks." He nods as he continues explaining how the experience was and what they did.

We get our lunch which consisted of pizza, fries, fruit cup, and I bought a water bottle considering I didn't want the milk.

"Let's sit over here." Gabby motions us to follow behind her and we do. She picked the table over near the doors.

We all sit and continue to eat as we talk. "So my best friend since forever is finally coming back tomorrow and I'm so excited."

Gabby speaks as she drinks from her energy drink.

"How long has she been gone?" Ethan questions as he shoves the pizza slice into his mouth and chews.

"Tuh almost a damn month. The girl is hardheaded but I love her." She speaks about her best friend with amusement.

"What did she do?" I now question, confusedly.

"Uh she kinda maybe sorta egged the principles car and broke Stacey's arm." She explains while looking rather perplexed.

"Damn what did Stacey and the principal do?" Ethan questions.

"Tuh Stacey did a little to much if you ask me. But anyway the principle found out about the whole car egging thing from somebody here and what made her do that is very much so unknown. Now for Stacey, imma just say she had it coming. She should've never had her name in her mouth." She shrugs.

Damn this best friend sounds...dangerous but also kinda fun.

"Can't wait to meet her." Me and Ethan say at the same time. Gabby laughs while shaking her head.

"Yeah I can't wait to see her ugly ass tomorrow either."

The best friend and Ethan? Mmmm I'm thinking yes

The best friend and Ethan? Mmmm I'm thinking yes. But firstly do y'all think I should do it or not?

Idk.

Ethan and Gabby friend? >>

Lemme know.