"Isn't that a little risky? He doesn't know the area and he could be seen."

"He knows the risks."

I couldn't help but remember the last time Kai had spoken about Dazna, knowing the risks of his mission and last time, he was captured, presumed dead and his sister was hell bent on destroying me because of it.

"Kai?" I sighed.

"Don't." He muttered.

"Don't what?"

"Offer to go and help return those girls to Earth."

"But it would be safer for everyone. I could literally take them home and then come back to the ship. I'd be happy knowing that Gemma and Hayley were with their families and Dazna wouldn't have to run the risk of being seen."

"And what if you get seen exiting an invisible space craft with two girls who will, by that time, have no idea what's happened to them and you won't be able to explain why. I won't be able to rescue you from your own planet, Daisy. Not unless your life is in danger."

"Ok, ok. Fine. I was only trying to help."

Kai took my hand in his. "I know you were, and that's one of the things I love about you. Your selflessness is incredible but I can't risk losing you."

"I know. I'm sorry." I sighed.

"Hey." Kai held my cheek in his hand, gazing into my eyes. "I love you." He whispered, pressing his soft lips against mine.

His lips lingered on mine and I happily let them, leaning into him.

"I love you." I breathed, once he broke away from me.

As we arrived at Hilz and Danik's house, Gemma and Hayley were already outside.

"Daisy." Gemma waved, a bright smile on her face.

"Hi." I waved back.

I stayed with the girls as Kai made his way into the house.

"How are you feeling? Are you excited to go back home?" I beamed, thrilled that they would soon have their happy ending.

Hayley blew out a puff of air. "And the rest. I'm nervous, ecstatic, absolutely terrified but mostly anxious about loosing my memories. I can't wait to see my children, though, I worry that they won't recognise me. We've all lost a fair few pounds haven't we?" She laughed lightly.

"My youngest is only one. I doubt she will even remember me now." Gemma's voice cracked as her eyes filled with tears.

"Oh, Gemma, I'm sure she will." I wrapped my arms around her, desperately trying to comfort her.

"We will get through this, together." Hayley joined us, rubbing Gemma's back.

The only thought that entered my mind was the fact that they wouldn't be able to get through it together. Not unless they keep their memories and remember what had happened.

"Guys?" I murmured, pulling away from them. "Are you sure you want to forget all of this? How will you help each other if your memories are gone? Don't you think you would drive yourselves crazy, wondering where you've been for months?"

They looked at each other, as if they hadn't thought of that scenario.

"I don't even know what to think anymore. Is there a way that we could take away part of our memory? Maybe keep the rescue but forget the abduction?"

"I'm afraid that isn't possible." Medic Haldon appeared at the top of the steps, Kai following closely behind as they made their decent.

"Medic Haldon." I nodded, smiling at him.