5: misunderstandings

"Couz, kaya mo pa bang tumayo?" Asked Martin who was patting a drunk Bongbong's back to comfort him. "Kaya ko pa naman ano ba kayo" he stubbornly replied.

"Eh yang puso mo, kaya pa ba lumaban?" Chiz questioned, drinking a pint of fully squeezed lemonade because of the dare. "Para kay Leni lalaban. Laban Leni lang. For her I would fight" Bongbong murmured while he was laying on the couch as he watched his friends drank some alcohol beverages.

"You really love the girl no pare" Manny commented. "I do but I have to keep it discreet or else baka naninira na pala ako ng relationship" he replied with a nod.

Jingoy was playing with the knife as he's trying to stab the ice cubes in half. His hand got sliced in the palm when he accidentally hit the glass table resulting a bloody wound.

A worried Bongbong quickly stood up and ran to the shed to get first aid for his friend. When he reached the shed he looked for the first aid kit in a red box. He rummaged inside the boxes and found it beside the old bookshelf they had. He now started running again to go inside when he slipped on the grass, not realizing it was now starting to rain. He spotted someone behind the tall plant which was close to the maid's quarters. He checked to see if the person needed some help.

He walked towards the person and it turns about to be a sobbing Leni. He sat beside her and hugged her from the behind, making sure she feels it. Leni looked at the person who hugged her,  having her full hopes that it was him. When she saw that he was crying too, she hugged him back. He asked what was she doing outside in the middle of the night, sobbing as if something really bad happened.

She didn't reply to his question, not wanting to talk to him. He hugged her tighter and spoke. "Taken ka na pala. Why'd you have to lie to me?"

"A-anong ibig mong sabihin Bong?"  She asked, still sobbing while punching the man's chest. "You're dating that Kit already right? Why would you let me pa fall for you?" He accidentally dropped making Leni stop crying. "Ha? Hindi kami ni Kit. Walang namamagitan samin ni Kit. He's my childhood bestfriend kaya kami super close. Namiss ko lang siya kaya if ever yun man iniisip mo, namiss ko lang siya sobra kaya ko nagawa yung kanina" she elaborated assuring him that it was all a misunderstanding.

His soul dropped as his whole system shut down upon hearing what she said. "H-hindi mo jowa si Kit?" He asked the woman who was hugging him. "Hindi..." she said in a low tone. "Eh why are you here crying?" He questioned, forgetting about his wounded friend. "I heard you. Masarap ka pa diyan" she spoked rolling her eyes. "Ha? Sonny showed me a biryani store. I was asking him kanina pa sa car eh. You could ask Win, he's honest and I'm telling you the truth." He said kissing her temple.

"Totoo ba yung sinasabi mong na fall ka na sakin?" She looked at him in the eyes waiting for his answer that can stop her from overthinking.

"Oo Leni. Simula pa nung biglaan ka tumakbo from the balcony ng house tapos ako nasa car pa nun. Lalo lang nag develop nung inalagaan mo ako. You showed me a sweet side of yours that I've longed for a long time ago. And nung we kissed, I kept sneaking in the maids quarters just to kiss your temple at night hoping na one day baka maramdaman mo din ako. Kahit pa napagalitan ako kay Manang Lucy kasi nagtaka siya bakit daw pinupuntahan kita lagi. I always made an excuse na binubulong ko lang sayo chismis ko tapos tahimik ka lang tumatawa kahit tulog ka na. Those moments na dapat madudulas ka sa hagdan kasi on purpose ni madel tinapunan yung stairs ng tubig. Leni, I've loved you since the first time I saw you. And i'm falling for you lalo, everyday" he sniffed, bawling his eyes out.

"I- I never thought ganyan din pala nararamdaman mo." She said frowning. "What do you mean na ganyan din nararamdaman ko? D-do you mean" he spoked withdrawing himself from the woman. "Oo ganun din ako. Sobrang chinito mo kasi. Ewan ko ba Bong, sinabi ko sa sarili ko law school muna before boys pero wala eh ginayuma mo ata ako" she chuckled putting her hand in his side cheek.