4: birthdays

3 days had passed when the incident happened between the two. They just walked past each other as they try not to talk about what happened. They felt embarrassed upon starting a conversation, remembering every detail of what they did.

As the ray of sun shone on his window, he knew that it was another day of him preventing to start a small talk with her since he felt that she's gotten cold towards him. He stood up and fixed his bed, making his way on the bathroom to wash his face.

He saw a post it notes sticked on his mirror as he washed the soap off his face, realizing it was from someone unknown because it didn't had any names written on it besides the initials "S"

"Hello! I made you food. Ikaw na bahala if want mo kainin. 

S"

He couldn't remember any friends or relatives of  him that had the name which started with an S. He shrugged off the feeling and threw the sticky notes on his trash, leaving his room to go downstairs.

The first place he went to was the living room only to find that no one was there. He checked the kitchen and the backyard, including the basement but still; no sight of everyone can be seen on the places he went in. His mind was going crazy as he couldn't think of any events that were planned that day.

He wondered pacing their mansion halls, thinking where everyone could be. "Bang!" He heard a silverware that dropped on the tile. His hearing was too loud that he can hear a single drop of water. He checked the maid's quarters to see the maid Leni was pissed at.

"Madel" he started a conversation. "po, sir?" Asked the maid who was watching some TV. "Do you know where mommy and dad went? Pati mga sisters ko wala. Si Leni wala. Sila kuya mon din wala" he said in confusion. "Ay sir, di mo alam? Diba birthday ng bebe mo ngayon sir? Late ka siguro" she replied coldly, asking herself why he doesn't know his girlfriend's birthday.

"Ah nauna na pala sila!" He responded with a forced smile. "And just so you know, yes alam ko. That's why nag pa late ako. To buy her flowers" he told her, trying to make the maid jealous.

After talking to their maid who was left alone in their designated room, he kept thinking where they could be spending her birthday. There's only one place he could search for her information and that is his dad's office. He went to his dad's office and started looking for Leni's resume.

Once he found her papers, he looked inside and read as he search for her location. He can't help but smile when he managed to see her house location.

He hurriedly went to their garage to get his car, quickly riding it as he didn't want to miss her birthday. He drove as fast as he could only to find himself stuck in a traffic jam.

"Shit" Bangaan na naman ba?" He complained impatiently honking his car horns. He didn't care if he was the noisiest car there, all he wanted was to spend her most important day, just being with her.

He was about to step out of his car and just run for it but his sister interrupted with his plans by calling him.

"Kuya! Saan ka na?"

"What do you mean, Irene?"

"Yung sinend ko sayong loc, remember?!"

"Ah yeah, di ko nakita kanina"

"Oh" she got speechless.

"Kuya, bilhan mo kaya si ate Leni ng flowers. Mahilig pala siya maka receive nun eh"

"Okay will do. Thank you!"

"Oh she likes flowers pala ah" he thought as he knew so many flower shops near them, sighing when he escaped the traffic jam. He saw that it was an accident caused by a truck colliding with a car.