22 - The Feeling of Love

Start from the beginning

Before he could complete, she was already hugging me in her arms. "Nice to meet you. Myself Gita." She stood in front of me and I noticed her bob haircut, the shirt tucked neatly and an employee id card hanging around her neck. She seemed to work in the headquarters of Star Group.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Let's go together." I nodded again before leaving with them as they talked about work, projects and bosses. I loved how they shared with themselves the spicy ends of the gossip going on in their respective workplaces.

"Payal, where is your husband though?" He asked almost like it stuck him so sudden that it compelled him to utter it out loud.

"Oh, he will go directly to the market from his mother's house." They both bobbed their heads in understanding as they took me in on their little gossip.

"So, do you know the executive demons of the Star Group?" Tarun spoke only to get a smack on his head by his wife. "Are you nuts? You have some death wish." He bit his tongue at her words.

"Why? Are they powerful or something?" There goes my curiosity. I was so curious the moment I heard 'executive demons'.

Gita looked at her husband who kept blinking when ultimately he said,"It's okay, you can tell her." He looked at me for some confirmation and some guarantee that I won't let my mouth run elsewhere.

"Of course, I will zip up my lips."

★★★

I sat on my desk for a while as I only looked at Anvish. The words that I heard earlier on my way to work didn't quite leave me alone.

If what I heard was true, Anvish is a real talent. He worked hard to get a higher seat and it took him less time than others, mainly due to his smart ideas. And then one day he came out of the cabin of one of the 'executive demons' and straight he was demoted to this market by his boss on grounds of misconduct.

"What? How is that possible?" I asked, shocked at hearing the vague reason.

"Yeah, that's all we knew. There was a board discussion with those three executive 'demons' and they decided to throw him out to the market." Gita sighed.

"Sounds like a scam. Does that happen often?"

"Well, just count the employees in Pegasus Market. Sixty percent are people who worked for Star Group HQ and ended up there." Tarun pointed at the market as we reached in front of the market.

"Anyway, we don't know what's happening but I think I should be more careful to not get on bad terms with those people." Gita looked at me and said, "Please don't tell anyone. My job will be at risk then."

"Oh please no, then you will have to come work with me." Tarun joked around only to get a glaring look from his wife.

"What did you just-"

"I...I am sorry."

"Seems like you don't want me to work with you, huh?" Their banter went on while I saw him entering the market, twirling a pen in his hand as he whistled the evergreen beloved song of 'Tujhe Dekha Toh' from DDLJ.

I knew I was staring at him but I thought I was being discreet by hiding behind my computer screen until I saw Akshara looking at me dead straight from the other side of the computer.

"What the-" I nearly screamed, scaring her with my loud voice.

"What were you doing?" She asked, looking at the direction I was looking into.