11- Play it Well

Guys, I am finally back with this book! It's been a long time, sorry for that. And I know you might have forgotten the story by now so maybe, you can check the last part again.

As a Recap, Payal was selected as a candidate and now she will make her choice if she wants to take it with all it's risks and benefits or will she drop it? And if she takes it, what are the odds and evens she is going to face?

~•~

Payal

It was 2 am and I was still awake. My eyes peered into the ceiling wall as if something interesting was happening to it. The blue and white lines that were only a decoration till now, all of a sudden amused me to the point that I am staring at them.

"How did they paint those spirals on the ceiling?" My thoughts ran everywhere, unorganised and totally not logical.

I didn't know why I was doing this at midnight or maybe, I know. I was trying to distract myself from the crazy chaos that I got myself into.

I grabbed my phone and checked the notifications again, for the umpteenth time. My heart still thumped loud just like the first time when I opened it. I never realised that a job offer letter can be this terrifying.

"Should I say no or should I say yes?" I asked myself the same question that I had been repeating so many times already.

On one hand, this job came with a big risk of hidden identities and a lot of lies, considering that now I have the son of the boss as my fake husband. I don't want to be fixed up in a mess. On the other hand, I wasn't exactly in a position to choose and reject an offer. At this point, I should go with anything that is legal and pays decently.

"Should I tell Siddharth?" I sighed and put my phone aside, thinking it was too late to call or even message now. "I will tell him tomorrow." 

Switching off the bedside lights, I pulled on my side pillow, tugging it right in between my legs. I should get a good sleep. Maybe, I can think about it tomorrow.

★★★

Siddharth

"What? You mean... you got the job!" I paused in my words before I realized. "Wow! ... that's nice... It's great."

I surely lacked an enthusiastic voice. I didn't know what it was but the moment I thought about my father, I dreaded every thought of returning to our original masterplan.

"Siddharth, I was worried if I should just take it or leave it." There was a sigh on her end. It was as if she was trying to think logically and make the decision wisely, without letting her idea of a quick solution intervene. "You should tell me. What am I supposed to do? Anyway, you need to help me here. You are important, as it is, your family owns it. Think carefully." 

Her words had a weird calmness almost as if she was letting me take the steering. She was trusting me with this decision. 

"It's more important to you than me. If I say no, will you be able to give up this ready job?" I knew her at least for enough time to know this. Of course, I was well aware of how she feels right now. 

She must be shaking her feet, putting her hands on her knee and trying her best to not show her enthusiasm for this news. If I know her right, she might have already decided to take this one.

"W...what? Ah... I don't know. I don't want to give up on this." Her voice was shaken for a bit but she soon pulled herself together. "Whatever... I think we should meet directly at the Plaza. I can't be late on my first day. "