5 : The Employment Pages

ᴄʟᴀssɪꜰɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏʀᴄʜᴡᴏᴏᴅ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛs
ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟs ᴏꜰ
ᴀʟᴇssᴀɴᴅʀᴏ ʟᴇɪɢʜ ᴍɪʟᴀɴᴇsɪ
[1983 - 2008]

Leigh had to be completely honest when it comes to Chinese food, because he was not the biggest fan. He was the sort of person who ordered chips, and complains every time they decide to eat it. It wasn't anyone's fault, really, he just don't enjoy it.

However, when they did decide to eat together, it was always extremely hilarious. The most weird and wonderful stories came out of Jack, and every time Leigh thought he'd heard them all, he came out with more. Gwen wouldn't believe them. No one ever does at first.

It was very rare that all of them sat together, including Angel and Isaac. By now, Angel was usually home with his boyfriend, and Isaac stayed in his office. No one wanted to disturb him, anyway.

Ianto had already burst into laughter a hundred times or so. He and Jack had a special relationship, something that the rest of us couldn't relate to... a quality of fun and freedom. Leigh was smiling into his chips, dipping them in curry sauce, and remaining silent as he listened to everything being said.

"And she said..." Jack was trying not to laugh through the punchline. "She said... if I'd known that's what he was, I never would have married him!"

"She knew." Tosh shook her head. "She knew all along."

Owen smirked. "She didn't care."

"Until he started leaving black piles of mucus in the bathtub." Ianto added.

Leigh grimaced as he looked into his food, the mental image being quite off putting. "It was gross."

"Always a big giveaway. Aliens have no sense of household hygiene." Jack agreed, rolling his eyes. "Which reminds me, gotta pee."

As he left, everyone turned their gaze to Gwen. The two of them were growing close, and because she was new, they were hoping that she knew something the others didn't.

"So," Owen bit the inside of his cheek. "What's he told you?"

Her eyes widened. "What about?"

"Himself!" Tosh exclaimed.

"You've been here longer than I have."

She threw her head back, frustrated. "We were banking on you!"

"You're a copper," Owen shrugged. "Trained to ask questions."

Gwen seemed to be genuinely surprised. "You don't know anything?"

He continued. "Not who he is, not where he's from. Nothing, except him being gay."

"No, he's not." She dropped her food, genuinely surprised. "Really, do you think?"

"No." Tosh agreed. "Owen does. I don't."

Ianto raised his hand. "And I don't care."

"He could be," Angel shrugged, nonchalantly. "But it's none of our business."