Chapter 2

Harry dismounted his bike when he reached the school, Dudley stopping behind him. They locked their bikes up on the rack before heading inside with bright smiles, greeting people they passed.

The school journalist, a girl Harry's age that had a knack for writing and investigating, ran up to Harry. "Harry!" she greeted. "Do you have a moment for an interview?"

Harry smiled kindly at his friend. "Of course, Becca." He turned to Dudley. "Make sure Violet and Brayden get a reminder of the tutoring session after school. I expect to see them there."

"Of course," Dudley said with a nod before running off to do just that.

Becca immediately drew Harry to a more secluded area and began asking questions. "So, Harry, we all know you'll be elected again. Where's your support going for the Princess?" she asked.

Harry shrugged. "Honestly, I'm rooting for you, but I've got my eye on Charlotte Hansen as well."

Rebecca smiled widely and jotted it down. "What are your plans for this year?" she asked.

"I'm planning on petitioning for several new classes," Harry said. "I won't reveal what classes until the Princess has been chosen, as I want her opinion on the matter."

Becca nodded her understanding. "Alright. I heard you're starting a tutoring session after school. Is it open to everyone? What subjects is it for?"

"Yes, Dudley and I have started tutoring sessions after school. They're free and can be for whatever subject someone needs help in. Anyone who wants to join with have to sign up by talking to Dudley or me. We're also welcoming anyone who wants to join in tutoring, so long as they prove they have the capability to do so."

"Interesting," she said. Then her eyes lit up like they do whenever she's preparing to write for her gossip column. "So, do you have anyone you've got your eyes on?" she asked with a wink. "You know you'd have your choice of anyone in the school."

Harry laughed. "Not at the moment, no," he said cheerfully. "However, I will give you one little tidbit."

Becca leaned forward eagerly.

"I'm gay," he said.

Becca's eyes widened and she quickly started writing things down for her gossip column. "You don't mind this being shared?" she double checked.

Harry winked. "I wouldn't have told you if I did."

Becca grinned and thanked Harry before walking away, mumbling article titles under her breath.

Harry chuckled at his friend and walked to his first class. He had no worries about his sexuality in this school, as a lot of the students were very accepting.

Sitting down next to Dudley, Harry gave him a questioning look and received a nod in return. He smiled and nodded back before looking around the room and noting those absent. Both Melanie and John were out sick and Grace had a concert that day, so he dutifully took out his notebook to take notes.

While Harry had an eidetic memory and didn't need to take notes, he made sure to do so in case someone in his class ever needed them. Like when they were gone for the day and couldn't be there to take notes themselves.

As the teacher began teaching mathematics, Harry began noting down everything, drawing diagrams and adding his own tricks in the margins. He also copied down the homework for the day.

School passed quickly and soon he was tutoring the two younger students struggling in History while Dudley tutored in science a few tables over.

After the session was over, Harry practically raced to his bike and sped down to the pet store, Dudley following with a laugh.