YOUNG DIVINITY ୨♡୧ TWENTY-THREE

Start from the beginning

   HONESTLY, VENUS IS SURPRISED THEY MADE IT A HUNDRED FEET BEFORE THEY WERE HOPELESSLY LOST

   HONESTLY, VENUS IS SURPRISED THEY MADE IT A HUNDRED FEET BEFORE THEY WERE HOPELESSLY LOST. It wasn't that she didn't trust Annabeth, she would never bet against the daughter of wisdom, but she had expected the Labyrinth to be more of an asshole and try to confuse them the minute they started walking. She was right of course and now they were lost and in a spiraling maze that was nothing like when she and Percy had fallen into when they were trying to escape the scorpions from Quintus's so called game.

In this underground maze, there are fractures where different worlds cross and intermingle. There are surviving the march of time, hidden in this underworld.

The labyrinth was currently round like a sewer, constructed of red brick with iron barred portholes every ten feet. Venus was just lucky it didn't actually smell like a sewer or she would've packed it up and called it a day. Walking through an endless maze of certain death and it smelled like shit? No thank you. Hopefully, unlike the movie IT, there would be no man-eating psycho killer clown either.

Percy shined a light through one of the portholes out of curiosity, but Venus swore she couldn't see anything except the absolute void and she had pretty good vision, even in darkness. The chamber only showed infinite darkness.

Although, for a moment she thought she heard voices on the other side, but it may have been just the cold wind. She hoped that was the case. She couldn't deal with anymore ghosts right now, especially not after what she saw last night.

Amara's fiery eyes still haunted her.

Annabeth tried her best to guide them. She had a brilliant idea that they should stick to the left wall.

"If we keep one hand on the left wall and follow it," she explained to the group, sounding so sure it was hard to disagree, "We should be able to find our way out again by reversing course."

Unfortunately, because the maze and the person who created it are assholes, as soon as she voiced the idea aloud, the left wall disappeared all together. They found themselves in the middle of a circular chamber with eight tunnels leading out, and with no idea how they'd gotten there.