Battle Within

Chapter: 4
Devin Hendrix
~~#~~#~~#~~

Bodies litter the cold concrete ground, covered in mud and blood with various body parts littering it's corners; looking like a mass suicide of men in a war that reminded me of a horror movie that I couldn't remember the name of. It was unnatural for anything such as a simple wolf or human to do such damage to this grubby pack that Dmitri Blinder, run. Though I didn't agree with his ideals, Dmitri's men did not deserve such fait.

Through the stench of blood, something sweet remain, causing my wolf to stir in confusion, but it soon died as Dmitri came barging in, growling out in annoyance but nothing of sympathy for his men. His black, bottomless eyes showed nothing but anger at whatever had made a mess of his floor, he had no care for his pack members and it took everything in me to keep from taking his position and introducing his pack to my own, showing them that there was a better life outside of this shit hole. But I needed Dmitri on my side, just until the war was over.

I look over his tattered face, scars littering his ageing features. Though he was only 47, it looked as if he were 68, his once brown hair had turned an ugly grey like colour, showing the weakness he had attained as his wolf slowly over took his human form. There was no doubt in any wolfs mind that this man, was slowly going insane. In forms, I didn't blame the old dog, he had been through many wars, watched his mate killed in front of him and had seen deaths door too many times not to go even the slightest bit crazy. No one could understand why he stayed, why he carried on the way he did or how he slipped through deaths grasp like a worm slipping from the beak of a Raven; but then again, maybe he saw something in life that was worth living for.

"She will be destroyed. I'm going to rip that mutt's throat out!" He growled out in anger, his eyes seemingly colouring to a darkness that promised revenge and pain, the white edges that once accompanied his eyes, gone and instead replaced by the black depths of an Alpha's anger.

"Hey! Relax Dmitri! We need to sought things without you killing anything. This wolf is special, I can feel it; whatever she is... she's bloody powerful" I mutter under my breath before I'm suddenly thrown against the hard concrete of the left hand wall.

"Relax? Relax?!" Dmitri's tattered face appears in front on mine, so close that the stench of his breath evades my nose in an unholy manner, causing great difficulty in trying to keep a straight face, refined from any emotion. But even with an emotionless structure, situations like this were to be dealt with in care. "I'm going to kill her and if the mutts you call you're pack interfere, I swear to god I will-".

"No one speaks of my pack in such manner! You will do nothing away from my order or I 'will' kill you!" It was within my outburst that our positions were changed and it was me, who gave out the warnings. "Stay in line Dmitri, or you will not have a pack to rule" I seethe out between clenched teeth. It was when I removed myself from his space that I let him, and myself calm down. Though it was noted that Dmitri had no intention on listening to my command, it would take a little more than a growl and glowing eyes to devote a refined threat towards him, I knew he had the sense to lay low for the time being.

"Do not think you can over rule me Devin, you should know first hand that it comes with a price" His words caused my eyes to narrow.

"That was a long time ago Dmitri, and it's going to be a long time before it ever happens again" I notify him, my tone low and grounded to match his own. It was with those last words spoken, that I turn on my heel and remove myself from the premises, having other matters to attend to. I pass my Beta and nod at him, "James, search the perimeter for that she-wolf, we cannot let her escape or we will have lost the war before it has even began..."

**#**#**#**

Wither Right

Blood, that's all I can smell. The stench causing me to gag in disgust and horror as I frantically wash the horrid substance off my body as my eyes sting with un-shed tears. Sobs escape my mouth as I scratch at my skin, bathing in the ice cold water of a stream a few paces away from the place I had been captured, to sickened at the thought of the innocent lives I had taken just moment ago in my selfish attempt at escaping from the grips of another wolf, to continue on with my journey away from the unknown territory.