Take turns to make a circle

Start from the beginning

It takes a long while for Izuku to realize that the building is named 'Minnie' and an embarrassingly longer time to understand he's the creep mentioned. By then, it's too late, a woman with a pink dye job steps out, staring him up and down. So of course, he launches into an explanation, "I was, uh, looking for a place to stay and was told by my adopted father who seems to be a friend of yours," the last part comes out more as a question.

He continues, "And I think I was mistaken, I apologize for the disturbance, I'll leave."

Just as he's made up his mind to spend the night awake on some park bench and sleep through the train ride in the morning, he's held back by the shoulder.

"What's your father's name?"

"Eh, uh, Toshinori Yagi."

The pink-haired woman keeps blankly staring at him before he sees a light bulb go off in her head and recognition flashed through her eyes.

"OH!" She claps her hands together before pulling him into a hug. "You're Yagi sensei's boy!"

She smells like candle bath soap, a cheap vanilla latte, and whatever it is she had for lunch that tastes sweet and fruity in his mouth, he nods, trying to figure out what forlorn adventure did his father have in these parts to have met the lady in front of him.

"I met Yagi-sensei in a drinking competition nearby."

Oh, okay, that explains some.

"Your father is a beer monster," she enlightens him, "I think he scored the fourth place that night."

Izuku smiles in utter discomfort, a common attribute to his life, he listens to Mina gushing out on his father's alcohol victories across the town. By the end of it, she introduces herself as Mina Ashido ('But oh, please call me Mina!' she says with a bright smile) and is more than happy to lend him a room for the night.

"But we're kinda full now—"

"It's okay," Izuku perks up with a smile, "I'll be just on my way then, please—"

"Now, wait for a second, how many nights did you want it for?"

"Ah, just one, tonight that is but seriously, if it's a problem then I can always—"

"Share a room," completes Mina enthusiastically as Izuku's smile suffers a dent, sharing? He hasn't done that since soccer camp, and it's been a while since that. "I think room no. 49 is living alone and he has quite someplace to himself."

Izuku swallows hard, "I'm not sure if that would be comfortable."

"He'll be just fine with you, ecstatic if not," Mina assures, forcefully taking his arm. "well, good luck with that," the blond man who had accused him of being a creep, laughs, whispering to the red-haired gambler beside him.

Walking into the building, he ignores the chipped-off hallways or the leaking taps, tries to tell himself that this is not the game setting of a typical hotel run over by Zombie Apocalypse. That just reinforces the image that this place seems exactly like that. They pass over a hallway, it's off a dark end, cigarette butts with some sharp steel-like things attached to tubes scattered around leading to it. There's a riot of sounds emerging from it with a stronger vein to that burnt rubber smell, it doesn't make him feel any better in the predicament he's landed himself in.

Well, he thinks passively, whosoever's fault this is, I'm stuck with it now, and had no choice better than sucking it up for a while.

It's only a night after all.

They arrive at a place significantly cleaner but Izuku recalls that the bar is set low enough to walk over it so he doesn't count it for much. They stand in front of a blue door with the words 'Keep the fuck out or die.' stamped against the wooden surface, above which the number 49 is printed in rusted red.