Little Puppets

Nina's pov

NEW/OLD COUPLE ALERT! JENNI HERMOSO AND ALEXIA PUTELLAS CAUGHT WALKING HAND IN HAND IN THE CENTRE OF MADRID!

Says the headline of one of the most famous spanish newspapers in the country...I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see a picture of them casually walking and smiling with around 20 young fans wanting to take a picture with them. My eyes watered, Mapi heard my sniffles that I was trying to suppress so badly but it didn't work.

She woke up, actually I was the one who woke her up but as soon as she opened her eyes and saw me crying, I ran away in a bathroom and locked the doors. A minute after I got in there my friend knocked on the door and asked me what happened.

I didn't response. Not because I wanted to ignore her but because I couldn't speak from tears and shaking. She tried to open the bathoom door but I locked myself in so she didn't have a choice then to calmly ask me to open it. I was hasitating and wanted to be alone for some time but this was Mapi, she is such a good friend and human being who always wants to help you no matter the situation.

When I did what she has told me, she pulled me in a big hug caressing the back of my head and asking me why am I crying. "You okay honey? Why are you crying on this beautiful day?" she probably said that because it was still early in the morning and sun was sparkling through the window in a bathroom wall.

"It doesn't matter" I exclaimed

"I'm afraid it does" she joked and put my head in her hands looking exactly at my red swollen face

She repeated "What happened?" and she waited for my answer still looking at my embarassed expression

I didn't know what to say, I wanted to be honest with her and tell her I was crying because of seeing Alexia with Jenni Hermoso but I didn't want her to think I'm this desperate because of one kiss we shared once.

"I am just little stressed" I tried to lie

"Si right" she didn't buy it and she laughed at hearing my lie "Now for real, tell me what is wrong or we'll stop being friends if you lie again" she said very serious this time

"Did you read any of the articles?" I asked her "Which articles?" she asked me completely confused

And with that I handed her my phone to read about the nEw oLd cOuPle.

She was reading carefully line by line, word by word and I was standing there in front of her waiting for her reaction and to say something finally.

When she finished, she looked at me, handed me my phone back and burst laughing. I was totally confused by her reaction and I didn't know if I should laugh with her right now or start crying again.

She noticed that I was waiting for her to say something so she asked "And you believe in this?"

"Umm yes?" I was obviously asking her this more than giving a statement still on the edge of tears

"You shouldn't" she said that so seriously so I was getting more and more confused if I could believe my friend or some stupid newspapers

"Why you say so?" one tear rolled down my left cheek

"Because I told you, they are just pretending and plus this all sounds like something Jenni's aunt would think of. I wouldn't be surprised if she tipped paparazzi to take few pictures so she could be happy for once in her life"

When Mapi told me this it gave me a little reassurance but still she doesn't know what is happening there between them in Madrid so I wasn't sure what to believe in right now.