Red Boots

It's Saturday - big game is today versus Atletico. I'm starting and can't lie I'm feeling excited and nervous.

Not because of the game tho, it was because I'll find out who's on the other side of my phone, metaphorically.

My prepared bag was waiting for me to be picked up and to get going to our stadium. The drive to Cruyffs was the longest I ever had since I came here. The row on the road was terrible so it took me much longer for getting on my destination then usually.

Til I came there my excitement couldn't leave my body and as a result I had to turn on the radio. Some spanish pop hits were blasting and it that moment I liked it because I could turn off my mind with the rhythm of Bad Bunny.

When I parked my car in a side parking of the stadium, some fans saw me from across the street and I wanted to escape because I wasn't really in the mood for signing their shirts and taking pictures with them.

All that is occupying my head now are red boots and who will wear them on the pitch today, nothing else matters to me now, not even the game that much.

When I managed to escape fans I went into the building and took my path to locker room. I was the second who came here right after Lucy. We said hello to each other but she saw my nervousness right away. God she always sees other ones emotions before they notice them themselves.

"You're gonna shine today you'll see" she reassures me

"I hope so"

The other girls slowly began to enter the locker room but I didn't see anyone carrying anything red, even we are as a host in our yellow kit in this game. Who knows maybe Iris changed her mind about me or I could say Ingrid.

My mind threw me once again to that tattoo I saw on Alexia's back, I remembered I saw it on my pinterest page when I was looking for my first tattoo in the near future but something was telling me I saw it somewhere else too. I just couldn't remember where exactly.

But to leave this aside, the familiar scent of washed clothes mixed with Louis Vuitton parfume appeared in my nostrils. I immediately knew who was behind me - Putellas.

Our lockers are as you know already right next to each other's so she had her shirt and shorts prepared to put on and go warming up for the game.

I didn't show much attention to her and before the game I wanted to check my phone once again to see if Iris texted me.

"Hey, you here already?"

"Yes, I picked up a ticket like you told me and now I'm in the stands 😜" I lied

She answered straight away "Cool!! I'm the dressing room still, will be on the pitch in 10 ☺️"

And I fastly looked who had her phone in hands here because she just texted me and these people were: Keira, Claudia, Alexia and Ingrid - who was actually smiling looking at it.

Ohh, this has to be one more confirmation for me but I didn't have enough time to process everything with Ingrid and me possibly texting because someone was getting their brand new red boots out of their bag...

My eyes were widened, heart was racing like crazy and my sugar level fell drastically.

The red boots belonged to - Alexia.

As fast as I could, I once more wanted to see the colour of Ingrid's boots but they were green, almost neon green and my world fell apart in a minute.

I run out of the locker room quickly with a large bottle of cold water in my hands and when I got on the pitch my hand were sweating and I splashed myself with that water.

What on earth was this? Out all of the people here I am texting Alexia?

Crowd was screaming, fans were recording one by one on the field in our warming up routine and I couldn't hear one little noice. Everything was blury and silenced.

Jonatan then screamed at me "Nina, concentration please! Watch out the ball!"

But I can't, this really is too much for me. I wanna run away from here to the nearest beach and to swim where water can carry me.

But no, that is not possible, we finished the warmings and now we are standing in a row near our opponents, waiting to go out there and win.

Behind me was frienemy and my captain who also appears to be my love interest, at least on the internet, not in real life tho. I hate her, not as much as before but I still do. She never forgave me for Aitana's situation and that speaks about her too.

I turned around to her and looked down at her shoes and then said "Nice new shoes"

"Gracias Nina" and she herself looked at them like she had a pure gold on her feet.

Disgusting. I already hate her and now her new shoes, how could I be so dumb. I should've blocked the person from the moment I realised she was from my club, but no I wanted to see who it is. Surprise Nina surprise, what a dumb girl I am I thought about myself.

>>>>

The first half ended and we even have a goal to compensate. I played with my hand so it was my fault they've got a penalty. Sandra couldn't do nothing about it unfortunately, Cardona scored a banger so we are losing on a half time.

The coach wasn't happy at all so he benched me saying "What the hell are doing today? Are you drunk? You are in your own world, think about it on the bench for the rest of the game"

I almost started crying and then Lucy's words came to my mind "You're gonna shine today you'll see"

Yeah, I can shine in hell today only. Seems like my teammates hate me now and they have to score at least two for winning because of my stupid mistake.

Then Lucy came over to me to say "Dont worry about the penalty, you have no idea how much I've made them in my carrer" and she started laughing like an idiot.

Her statement made me feel better but I was sorry for watching the game from the bench. I could've been the player of the match because I had three big chances but they just didn't go in.

Maybe I've would have scored in the second half who knows but now all I could do is watch the girls play without me.

In the 79th minute Frida fell in penalty area pushed by one of their defenders and referee without even checking the VAR pointed at the white dot.

The coach screamed to the girls who is going to take it and of course it was my worst person in the world, number 11.

The whistle was heard and she chose left upper corner and scored.

1-1 on the table and we are still in the game. Her red boots didn't betray her in front of her new lover in the stands.

We had few more chances but they did have too. No one scored and the game was already near its end. The referee showed 5 additional minutes of the play and in the 90th minute Jonatan substituted the only goal scorer for us.

She sat on the seat next to me while this was the only empty on the bench and asked me why was I upset today.

"Why do you care?" and after that I continued to watch the game

"Because you seem like something's wrong" she sounded like she really cares from the soft tone of her voice

In exact moment the three times whistle was heard again and disappointed players of both teams went to tunel of the stadium. Alexia still didn't move waiting for my response to her question and then I said

"You impressed someone in the stands with your red boots now back off"

And I ran to the tunel with the others but from my side vision she was still there standing, left completely widely open mouthed.