Face Forward

October 5, 2009

Early Morning

Makoto is having a emotional breakdown inside his room because his husband is gone. Minako can hear her brother's pain when his lover was gone.

"Mako-nii... Are you going to attend school?" Minako asked.

"You go ahead... I'll prepare my stuff now..." Makoto replied.

"A-Alright... Let me know if you're at school..." Minako said until she left.

"Maybe I should go to school..."  Makoto said and get up to get ready.

Lunchtime

Akihiko and Minako were at the rooftop, looking in the sky remembering the moment of silence during remembering the fake death of Shinjiro.

"I don't think people liked Shinji..." Akihiko replied.

"You can say that again, Aki... People are cursing him about being the problematic student... But they didn't know that he had been through a lot of pain." Minako added.

"Thanks to that decoy... Shinjiro's alive. But the problem is, how will we surprise Yuki?" Akihiko asked. Then, Minako decided to call Shinjiro.

"Hey." Shinjiro called.

"Shinji... Surprise Mako-nii on our birthday... Seeing you alive will be my gift for him." She said.

"Alright then... You will decide the place for us to reunite." Shinjiro said.

"I know where you wo will reunite... But first let him feel that you are alive." Minako said. 

"I got that covered. Thanks." Shinjiro said and hung up. Then, Minako saw Akihiko smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" Minako asked.

"Nothing... It's just I promised myself that I will protect the people I cherished... And even my wife who is always by my side." Akihiko said and hugged her. As he hugged Minako, she saw his Persona Polydeuces became Caesar.  She smiled and hugged Akihiko back before they head back to their rooms.

After School

Makoto arrived early from school after the long hours of giving tribute to Shinjiro. Suddenly, he saw bouquet of iris on his desk.

"Iris? How come someone would leave these flowers on my desk? And how did someone know I love Irises?" Makoto thought. Then, he saw the letter on the table.

"I hope this will bring back memories of the past... Immortal Knight." He said as he read the note.

"Immortal Knight?" He asked then he remembered the kiss last night and he touched his lips.

"We just met that night... But how come that kiss feels familiar?" Makoto thought. Suddenly, a knock on the door was heard.

"Mako-nii? Are you there?" Minako asked.

"Yeah! What is it?" He asked.

"Senpai wanted us to meet later in the evening. Are you coming?" Minako asked.

"I won't..." Makoto lied as an excuse.

"A-Alright, I'll let her know. Rest well, brother." Minako said and left. Then, Makoto prepared a vase with water and put the bouquet.

"These irises reminded me of Shinji every time we go on a date." Makoto smiled. But little did he know, Shinjiro, who is wearing a cloak, is watching him from the neighbor's roof.