Episode 30. Spring Lovers

Start from the beginning

Nodding, Director Kim Han-soo turned to look behind him.

“Okay, then. Throw the ball a bit faster, and more in a straight line than an arc. Let’s do it again.”

“Sure. I’ll throw it.”

Upon the cue, a member of the lighting crew threw the soccer ball with all his might.

– Whizz. –

– Thud. –

Aiming for too much power compromised the accuracy, and instead of landing between Jung Su-yeon and Yeon-woo, the ball hit the corner of the faucet and ricocheted towards Su-yeon’s face.

The crew member who threw the ball froze in surprise.

Yeon-woo, who was already tense, quickly extended his arm and deflected the ball.

– Thump. –

“Ah!”

Su-yeon screamed in genuine surprise, almost stumbling backward.

While the ball wouldn’t have caused severe harm, falling backward onto a faucet made of bricks and cement could have led to a dangerous situation.

Yeon-woo immediately reached out to grab Su-yeon by the waist and prevent her from falling.

A sudden accident briefly paused the shoot.

However, the director quickly stood up, raised his hand to stop the crew from panicking, and resumed the shooting.

Yeon-woo quickly read the room’s atmosphere and continued his acting as Jiwoo Hyuk.

“Are you alright?”

Yeon-woo improvised his lines, imitating the unique tone and atmosphere of actor Kang Joo-won, who would be playing the adult version of his character.

He then pulled a still-stunned Su-yeon back to her feet by the faucet, let go of her, and leaned in.

“Why aren’t you saying anything? Are you okay?”

It was as if the adult Kang Joo-won had appeared in his younger form, perfectly mimicking his unique atmosphere.

Only then did Su-yeon, realizing that the shoot was still on, revert back to her character, Ha Yeri.

“I’m fine.”

Finally, Director Kim Han-soo lowered his arm and shouted.

“Okay! Cut! Perfect! Nice!”

The crew also cheered, applauding the two actors for their quick thinking and improvisation.

“Let’s take a look at that scene one more time on the field monitor.”

Upon hearing the director’s words, Yeon-woo and Soo-yeon also approached the monitor. The unedited footage that just got shot was playing on the screen. The ball flew quickly, bounced off the corner of the faucet, and headed toward Ha Yeri, while Jiwoo Hyuk, who was half in frame, managed to narrowly block it with quick reflexes. Just as Ha Yeri screamed and was about to fall back in genuine surprise, Jiwoo Hyuk caught her as if it were a directed scene. At that moment, Yeon-woo spoke in the role, as if possessed by Kang Joo-won.

[Are you okay?]

[Were you too scared? Why aren’t you speaking? Are you okay?]

Director Kim Han-soo felt a shiver watching the scene. Clearly, the actor is Ryu Yeon-woo, but he felt the distinct presence of Kang Joo-won. This was different from a simple resemblance.

“How did you do that, Yeon-woo? You were exactly like Jiwoo Hyuk.”

“Well, I heard Kang Joo-won was confirmed for the adult role, so I tried to enhance the audience’s immersion as much as possible.”