"You didn't help me when I carried the shit to the car and strapped it, so nah. Go ahead in the house, I don't want you to break a nail."

Cutting the string, I dragged the mattress off the car by the plastic and steadily carried it as best as I could up the stairs and down the hall to our apartment door.

"Damn bruh," our neighbor said coming out her door just as I was reaching mine. "You could have knocked on my door if you needed help, I would have got my brother to help you."

"No worries, I had it." I commented.

"You all sweatin' and shit, let me get that for you!" She reached across my forehead and wiped with the side of her hand. "You cute, what's your name?"

"Sage, and you?" I questioned needing the break, but I actually wanted to head back into my apartment.

"Like that incense or whateva'? I like that shit, it fits yo' fine looking ass. Excuse me for being blunt, I'm just like that you'll get used to it. My name is Vashon, I live right there." Vashon pointed with her long manicured stiletto nails, she had a little cute flair to her. A dark chocolate petite little thing. Nothing that I haven't seen already being back home. "If you ever need anything, even if it is just from me then don't hesitate to ask."

Right before I could get my response out Kimoni opened the door to the apartment, her expression was chill before she realized that I had been outside the door talking to a female.

"Nah, we not about to do this shit nigga. Ain't no warm welcome about to be going on around here, can you bring the damn mattress in please while you out here running your mouth."

"I'm sorry baby," Vashon directed towards Kimoni. "I didn't know he had something waiting on him, remember what I said now Sage. I'll see ya'll around, hope you like the place."

"Roaches inside and out the fucking apartment, you just trying piss me off? You out here being friendly as shit with these hoes already, ain't even been here a whole forty eight hours and you already with the shits!" Kimoni argued.

"That girl stopped me to talk, I needed a break anyway from lugging this heavy ass mattress to the damn door."

"The same heavy ass mattress that I tried to help your thick headed ass with!" Kimoni said nudging my head with her index finger. "What the fuck was that ghetto ass bitch talking about too when she said remember what I said now Sage." Kimoni mocked Vashon's voice.

"Nothing, damn! Why the fuck you coming on so hard right now?"

"I swear, it is a ticking time bomb with you! Let me catch a single whiff of you over anyone's fucking place in this building, the shit is done with Sage!"

"Only thing that is going to dead this shit is you, I don't know what the fuck crawled up your ass but you need to go dig that shit out! For real, the girl was just welcoming me in the building! Stop trying to make shit out of nothing, what you can be doing is help me dress this bed up. Then get ready to hit up the store because we need food. I'm going to spend the little bit that I have but if you trying to have some shit last till my next check, then you need to dip a little bit more into that emergency money your mom gave."

"This mattress was an emergency, I'm not trying to run the well dry!"

"Food is a fuc--. You know what, don't worry about it. Day damn near started and I already have a massive migraine going back and forth with you, stay here and worry about what the fuck I'm doing, since that's all you care to do regardless."

Dropping the mattress in the middle of the floor, I grabbed my keys and left out the door. Damned if I do, I'm damned I don't. Kimoni stay worried that I'm going to cheat on her, all I'm trying to do is just live right by her and Sagon. Even with the big ass headaches she steadily causes in my life, I want to marry her crazy ass. I'm far from the type of man who leaves when shit is working out, fuck that! We have a family together, I'll never walk away from them even if we hit the bottom of the barrel. If Kimoni decides this shit isn't for her, then at least I can say that I tried.