Flower of Winterfell

Start from the beginning

Mother scowled at him and her eyes held the same amount of rage. "Robert there is no need for this. If she doesn't want to wed the boy then why are we forcing her?"

"The deal is done." Father said to her. "You know how our daughter is... Just wants to be center of attention and throw her little tantrum. By the day of the wedding she'll be swooning for the boy and thanking us graciously."

He turned away and mother rolled her green eyes at me. Father gathered his cloak and slid on his leather gloves. Stretching his hand into them and flexing his fingers. "Now that that's been said, Ned and I are going on a hunt. Someone's got to prepare some damn food for the wedding feast."

He kissed me on the head and walked out, slamming the door behind him. But the moment that door shut I turned to my mother and instantly cried into her arms. She hushed me and kissed my head, holding me tightly and rocking me.

"Shh," She hushed me. "My flower... My little flower... You will be okay I promise..."

I sat down in a chair and she pulled one next to me. I stared into the flames and I swear with the rage inside of me I made them grow larger. Perhaps it was just my imagination but I could have sworn I was controlling the flames.

"Please don't let him do this to me... I hate Robb." I tried to plead with her but it was no use. She held my hands into hers and kissed them as tears poured down her cheeks. Removing the blush she'd powdered onto her own face.

"I was younger than you are now when my father came to get my from my chambers. Told me to pack my finest gowns and all my jewels. I did without a second though, I thought that maybe he was going to take me to live with him at court. That maybe he'd be Robert's Hand to the King or something... Or maybe I was going just for the coronation. Perhaps my brother would be earning a gold medal or something for slaying the Mad King. I didn't know. Not until I arrived at the Red Keep and my handmaiden shoved me into a wedding gown and brought me to the sept. I begged my father... Kicking and screaming... Until I saw Robert at the sept. He was gorgeous, all the girls swooned over him... And he was mine."

She took a deep breath and then continued. Heartbreak falling more into her tired face. It pained me to see my mother like this and pained me even more that the only reason she was sharing such great detail with me about this was because it was now happening to me.

"I am so sorry that you have to go through this. But maybe... Try and get to know the Stark boy. You can't change him but maybe you're just seeing a side of him that he wants you to see. Maybe he doesn't want you to see the real him so he thinks he can just scare you off by being obnoxious... I don't know..." She cleared her throat and nodded. "You are my delicate flower... Do not let that boy break you."

"I won't." I said proudly.

Mother nodded and smiled. Sniffling and blinking away her fallen tears. "If not for nothing someday he'll give you a child. Soon, I hope. It will be the best day of your life and even if you never love your husband you will love that little life you created together. I remember when you were born... Not once did I look up at your father while I was in labor with you. In fact, I pulled you out with my own two hands. Maester Pycelle couldn't believe it, he said he'd never seen a Queen who was so eager to pull their own child from their legs. But I did it, I did it happily. After you were on my chest I looked at your father. Although he wasn't there long. He fainted, actually."

I chuckled softly. "Perhaps if I'm lucky Robb will faint too."

"No, Flower... If you're lucky he will be the one who reaches his hands down there and pulls your child out and bonds with that baby instantly. If you are lucky, he will hold your hand and stay by your side wiping the sweat from your forehead and letting you break his hand as you scream from the pain. If you are truly ever so lucky, he will kiss you after your child lays on your bare chest for the first time and profess his love to you."