There was definitely a route like that.

So I had to get out of the Duke of Squire safely.

And... to be honest, I didn't want to do anything to look good to someone who wasn't even my family anymore.

'I'd be much happier if these people just go away.'

I opened my mouth calmly.

"Stepmother."

Roseanne showed a surprised look as if she had been caught off guard.

It was because Theresa only referred to Roseanne as Duchess and had never called her Stepmother before.

However, I used the title of Stepmother not to come to my senses or to take a dramatic reconciliation route.

"You don't have to try to do anything for me. I have no desire to be friendly with my family anyway."

It was just to draw the line more clearly.

"That doesn't mean we're going to have unnecessary warfare."

It meant that we should treat each other only to the extent of a sense of duty that was inevitably intertwined under the guise of blood relatives.

It seemed strange to see Therese, who was always violent and vicious and demanding more than she should, showing a cool attitude, so Roseanne couldn't stay calm.

She looked at me with more alert eyes.

It was Theresa who had been harassing her more than anyone else so far.

Who are you, trying to be my mother? She had been aggravating the discord in the family by arguing that she dared to pose as a duchess.

I couldn't just act as if those things never happened.

In order to convince the opponent, a more Theresa-like idea was needed.

"Stepmother has won."

"...What do you mean?"

"I lost. I used the successor's room, but I didn't end up as the successor, did I? But what if Libby comes back?"

In fact, Libby easily became the Duke's successor.

It was a necessary part of the story progression.

So, are you satisfied?

You're welcome.

'Who would like it if you suddenly possessed a character and were offered a successor position to take charge of the Duke's fortune?'